Yellow Bullet Forums banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts
Discussion starter · #51 ·
5 wraps. The one section I found a leak in, I replaced the fittings, used same 5 wraps and then Loctite thread sealant and that part does not leak now. Found one more leak up high but have not got up there to fix it yet.

Rectorseal #5 the instructions say its good to 100 on pipe up to 2 inches....but I am sure you will be fine at shop pressure on your stuff....One thing though this stuff is like antisieze don't get any on your pecker.

If your threads are in really bad shape then you can apply the Rectorseal all the way around the male end of the pipe then wrap the threads in wicking string and install....however this is usually only needed on larger size pipes the Rectorseal alone can almost always bridge the void in air line sized pipe.

Years ago I had some trouble with running pipe and leaks . Found an old plumber and he told me my problem was I used the couplings that came on the pipes. He says they are not couplers they are thread protectors. I took it apart ,threw them away and bought real couplers and never had any other problems. my opinion ,I could be wrong.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.