Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of air fuel ratio is considered "ideal" when spooling a large turbo? I'm looking for numbers when not on a two-step...

I'm currently at 11.5:1 when on boost and its lazy to come up...

·
Montgomery Ragland
3,016 Posts
glide, add timing

not saying I'm right but I usly start mine off in the 13.0-12.5 range. 13.5 or so when I first nail it and trickle it down to around 12.5 or so as it's nearing the 2step, all depends on rpm and what I'm trying to do really.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I would tune to what the engine likes. The spooling time will improve as engine tune/effiency gets better. If that doesn't get you where you need to be then consider other factors like converter, a/r or possible cam timing/specs.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ok, what are you using to tune this with would be a better question I guess.
Most/All of the anti-lag or boost builder systems I have seen and worked with all do this the same way, pull timing and add fuel, causing a late burn and a lot of heat and energy being blown out the exhaust valve....

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
glide, add timing

not saying I'm right but I usly start mine off in the 13.0-12.5 range. 13.5 or so when I first nail it and trickle it down to around 12.5 or so as it's nearing the 2step, all depends on rpm and what I'm trying to do really.
Exactly what he said.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts