Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ll try this in the right place.

For years I had fried turkeys in oil. Last year I bought an air fryer and damn that was the juiciest turkey I have ever had. Now I’m looking for some ideas on recipes. Do you inject, use a rub, or both? What ya got?

·
Senior Moment
6,095 Posts
...can you post a link to the air fryer?..or are you speaking of Char Broils "Big Easy"?

I, too, loved a deep fried turkey, but grew tired of buying peanut oil, to use twice a year (tops...sometimes just once). That's why I bought The Big Easy. It's pretty versatile.
Though, not quite the same as deep fried, it's very close.
If this isn't what you're refering to, I would be interested at looking at what you're refering to as an "Air Fryer" large enough for a full turkey.
I'm a sucker for different ways.......... ;)

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...can you post a link to the air fryer?..or are you speaking of Char Broils "Big Easy"?

I, too, loved a deep fried turkey, but grew tired of buying peanut oil, to use twice a year (tops...sometimes just once). That's why I bought The Big Easy. It's pretty versatile.
Though, not quite the same as deep fried, it's very close.
If this isn't what you're refering to, I would be interested at looking at what you're refering to as an "Air Fryer" large enough for a full turkey.
I'm a sucker for different ways.......... ;)
Yes it is the big easy. I probably have the technical name for it wrong. Infra red?

·
Senior Moment
6,095 Posts
....yeah, it's infra red. I must say, i was interested in the "air fryer" idea, tho, as we have both the regular air fryer, and the air fryer oven. Thought I had to buy another gadget...lol.

I just injected the turkey, and did the spg rub when I used The Big Easy. It was very good, and I thought very similar to deep fried, though not exactly the same. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts