Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to start looking for a hood. Extended pin on or normal bolt on. How much is airflow affected to the carb with an extended hood. Could it be trimmed back slightly from the windshield to allow the carb enough air? I was pretty set on a standard bolt on but kinda thinking about the extended pin on and trim it back slightly IF that would be enough air.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Youre correct in thinking it needs trimmed back from windshield. The trick is getting the hole big enough as to not restrict engine . This of course is trial and error. All of this is a moot point if you dont run an air pan and seal cowl venting above wiper area . Good luck

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cowl is sealed wth a Scott Rod Fab cover already... What it comes down to is I have to decide if I want to try and run the fiberglass hood with Lexan scoop or just the extended pin on hood. If I do the scoop I have to figure out a way to run an air filter since its a street car.... But I gotta figure out for sure how to run the air filter in the scoop and seal it, or if I do just the good a regular air cleaner will be fine... Sealed against the bott of the good with an air pan of course.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Bringing this back up, I'm putting an extended cowl hood on my Mustang..its carbureted. I will have the carb sealed to an aluminum plate in the cowl area//so all the air will be coming from the cowl..how much room does it need from the extended part to the windshield?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I was saying one inch was fine for a comparison to give you an idea. Don't know about wiper clearance, car didn't have wipers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts