·
R.I.P DAD 9-25-2012
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone use them ? who makes them and do they work

·
photobomber
2,512 Posts
Saw a company with those at PRI last year. They scolded us for taking pictures - We thought they were joking the first time, but they weren't. Can't remember the company name now... I guess I could look through my PRI photos, but if they really didn't want the publicity, who am I to go against their wishes? ;)

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Yeah use a electric solenoid to control the air that controls the valves. WAAAY less to go wrong and saves all that weight and electricity. Watch out NOS, edelbrock, Speedtech, everybody will be switching.:rolleyes:

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
Nothing really new, they have been out a number of years. As mentioned, Combo-Flow is the company, out of the Tampa area. There are a few people running them. Buzz Varner has them on his Pro-Mod and Steve Kirk Jr. runs them on his XTF car. There are more, but those two come to mind at the moment. They seem to work well and do reduce the overall amp draw on your system by a good amount.

Monte

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,924 Posts
doug mills (sp) is the owner of the company..he runs a pro-mod mustang and used to run a pro-mod t-bird.

has boss man along the sides of it..

it may be a diff company becuase i've been in his pits more then a couple times and took pics of the setup and talked to him about it and he never once said dont take pics or this an that..very nice guy an down to earth..

i'll see if i got any pics of the car or engine in my photobucket

·
Super Moderator
12,185 Posts
The Combo Flo solenoids are kind of neat. They also do have some very good flow capabilities too. I'm doing a big Sonny's based manifold with four systems right now for a racer that wanted to use these. They are very light as well. Can't wait to flow as well as test in the car..... SJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts