Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up last Saturday to the doorbell ringing at 6:20 in the morning by a neighbor. Girlfriend said "I'll get it" and I told her it's never good if someone is at the door that early... BUT, suit yourself. Well, 5 minutes later she comes in bawling her eyes out that someone smashed the shit out of her driver side window. Ah, yes.. awesome. Glass was all over the street and all the fun stuff, so that's was a refreshing start to my morning. Ironically, my friend's car behind hers was parked directly behind it and wasn't touched.

Went ahead and filed in incident report with the PD just to have it on file because normally this kind of thing has more than one victim; particularly since I have no problems with anyone and my girlfriend lives an hour out and I haven't been seeing her long so nobody knows her here. I asked the officer if he had any other prior cases that morning and he said that we were the first, but he'd start roaming up and down the neighborhoods checking things out. Sadly, there's 8 camera's installed and she just happened to be parked in one very small blindspot.. needless to say, 4 more cameras went in this past weekend.

Well, she got the phonecall today... caught those fuckers and all 40 vehicles they hit across two towns. They requested the invoice for the glass/evidence and she will be getting a reimbursement (probably not for a few months, but still). Considering my girlfriend and I were just having this discussion about her bad luck hopefully turning around, I'd say that was perfect timing. Particularly a big one for her since she works at a juvenile detention facility, so I'm sure some of that hits home with her. I'm just glad they caught the little bastards because if there's two things I hate, it's thieves and vandals.

TLDR: Kids busted girlfriend's window out on Saturday. One week later they were caught and detained for damage to 40 vehicles. Winner.

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
On YB, there are no cops solve crime stories, you know that...

·
Which is more disturbed?
10,577 Posts
So they hit one car on your side of town and 40 on the other the next weekend? They left your friends car alone that was parked right behind hers? Ahh this makes sense

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So they hit one car on your side of town and 40 on the other the next weekend? They left your friends car alone that was parked right behind hers? Ahh this makes sense
Collectively 40 cars total over the course of this week or the prior weekend. They did not state how long; only how many other people affected and the outcome. My vehicle was parked in the driveway outside and also wasn't hit. All the neighbors around me were also fine. I scratched my head at the whole thing why the other vehicles weren't hit (including mine) but... whatever. At any rate it's pretty impressive the PD caught them so quickly. I was thinking this would go unresolved.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Any pictures of your girlfriends bewbies? I need to get the full effect of his intriguing story.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts