Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any recomendations on a battery? It is for my off road truck, so I dont care about the weight, just looking for a solid battery. I've ran an odyssey in my race car and thought they were pretty sweet. I was thinking a pair of the PC-1200 odyssey's, but I am not sure if there is something better out there.. These batteries are like 230$ ea, so pretty pricey....

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I'm a big fan of Oddessy batteries way better than Optimas and less weight. The Die Hard Platinum batteries are Oddessy type and sometimes can be had on sale for less $$$ than the Oddessys.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Had an odyssey in my race car for two years and loved it. If you run dual batteries, they should be wired through an isolator so they don't draw each other down. Have a XS power D6500 (biggest one they carry) and it works great on my 496. I'm going 16 volt and no alternator soon to shed some weight. If you want a deal on a high output (140 amp) 12 volt one wire alt/ XS battery shoot me a PM. I might sell the 6 month old system.
I read on here that the Deka brand carries AGM batteries that you might be able to get locally at your auto part store. People talk about how good they are, but I haven't used them myself.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I have a deka battery dealer here in the springs, I run an AGM in my mini been in there 6 months and no issues. I have two standard deka batteries in my Duramax and they also haven't given me any trouble.

I run a XS power s925 with a mini Alt. in my 36 for the last two years it's always started my truck no matter how many runs I make in the weekend and that's starting on Alcohol injection.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I still like the optima, mainly because you can buy one at your local autozone or orielly without any hassle.

Just don't let them discharge.

·
SquirrelMaster
3,607 Posts
I'm a big fan of Oddessy batteries way better than Optimas and less weight. The Die Hard Platinum batteries are Oddessy type and sometimes can be had on sale for less $$$ than the Oddessys.
The Die Hard Platinum aren't Odyssey Type batteries, they are rebranded Odysseys. I run them in my LandCruiser and other off road trucks. Best AGM type battery for the buck, great warranty( 4 yr free replacement, 8 yr prorate). I beat the hell out of mine, winching, etc., last two I bought were $120 each after Craftsman Club discount.

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
I just bought the Interstate MT7 AGM, and it has been flawless.

·
Registered
21,090 Posts
The Die Hard Platinum aren't Odyssey Type batteries, they are rebranded Odysseys. I run them in my LandCruiser and other off road trucks. Best AGM type battery for the buck, great warranty( 4 yr free replacement, 8 yr prorate). I beat the hell out of mine, winching, etc., last two I bought were $120 each after Craftsman Club discount.
I don't know, but I'm not sure "you can make" that statement. Big box stores FOR YEARS and it probably WAS STARTED by Sears, are known for taking rebranded products and having them made to "Sears standards" and by that I mean "lesser" standards.

I found this out the hard way on a TV set decades ago.

·
SquirrelMaster
3,607 Posts
I don't know, but I'm not sure "you can make" that statement. Big box stores FOR YEARS and it probably WAS STARTED by Sears, are known for taking rebranded products and having them made to "Sears standards" and by that I mean "lesser" standards.

I found this out the hard way on a TV set decades ago.
I've had pretty good luck with mine(about 8 total)either way. The warranty speaks volumes. If I use it up in 4 years I get another free one. Sounds good to me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts