Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just got my trans back for FB for the second time and so far everything looked good.so i went to install the trans but befor i do that i put a guart on trans fluid in my convertor and notice the input shaft wobbles a little.so now im like
agian..maybe it's normal cause they do DYNO test there parts befor they ship them..i installed the trans everthing is good had to install a 1/8 plate cause convertor to flex plat was way to tight..got eveything installed and go to put the driveshaft in and DAMN the out put shaft wobbles like a MO-FO..but i still attemped to start the car and notice a good sound like a belt squeeling..wtf would cause this??? its not a good sound and i have a f2 on my car and the sound over rides the blower..

·
Registered
936 Posts
The AOD output shaft does not have a bushing at the extreme end of the stator support, so it can wobble. The output shaft will wobble as well, the yoke completes the surface area to keep it true...just as the converter does for the input shaft as well.
The squeel, now that is intresting...and cause for concern.
When running do you have pressure, or movement? Cooler flowing? I am concerned the converter might not have been seated.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The AOD output shaft does not have a bushing at the extreme end of the stator support, so it can wobble. The output shaft will wobble as well, the yoke completes the surface area to keep it true...just as the converter does for the input shaft as well.
The squeel, now that is intresting...and cause for concern.
When running do you have pressure, or movement? Cooler flowing? I am concerned the converter might not have been seated.

ok well thats good to know i thought ther was a bearing or somthing but i giess i thought wrong..

it was human errror lets just say that. i dont wanna sound even more stupid.lol..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts