Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needing something simple and easy to put on a fiberglass trunk lid so I don't need to keep taking it off to fuel the car. Its a real PITA with a spoiler on the car now. I could make something but want see whats out there first, couldn't find much Googling.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I installed the fuel door several vendors sell. You open it and add fuel to the cell thru the lid. I used one on my Beretta prior to this Nova and I've added this to a couple cars for others. I can take pics if you don't know what I refer to. Or you could try to use the factory hinge and fiberglass some mounts to your glass lid so it opens. RM

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks RM, I've seen those alum. fuel doors and comtemplated that route. Factory hinges and hinge mounts on the body are gone, they were cut off in the back half job. So I'm starting from scratch.

Craig

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Well all I can say is I never found a decent way to do any hinge deal that was better than the factory stuff. If you decide to do the door I thought the one I got for my Beretta and came from Bickle was nicer than the one I used on this car which came from ART. The Bickle one had a lip the door closed against, the ART didn't. No lip allowed the door to go below the outter frame and look bad so I had to make a lip and add it. Check whatever you buy out for that. RM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts