Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just hit a der tonight in my 87 gmc pick up its a 1500 but same as c10.

Truck was in great shape but now needs a hood fender and door. Anything I should avoid?

I hate to go buy rusty crap and put on my truck and its isnt a show vehicle a daily driver. Looking for opinions on brands etc. fitment anything I should avoid

·
Registered
706 Posts
Look up on the internet kEYSTONE AUTOMOTIVE...you can get a capa certified fender and hood from them>>I would get an OEM door from the junkyard..Do a local search for a company called LKQ to find a clean door...If you need phone #s let me know..Krusty1 970 405 6373

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Look up on the internet kEYSTONE AUTOMOTIVE...you can get a capa certified fender and hood from them>>I would get an OEM door from the junkyard..Do a local search for a company called LKQ to find a clean door...If you need phone #s let me know..Krusty1 970 405 6373
X2......I have found that the aftermarket fender fit better the the oem one.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks.

how bad are the doors? Ive tried to find these before and they are always rusted out

·
Registered
706 Posts
If you talk to anyone at LKQ ask for Eric from Topeaka KS ask for a A plus insurance quality door

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They have everything in stock locally. Im going to give the door a shot going to be hard finding one in good shape I think.

Local body guy says he has used them for that model truck several times and the stuff fits just like stock. I will report back as to the fitment etc. but im trying to get my truck back ridin ASAP!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont know who made the parts got them from local body supply place a friend rec. that owns a paint shop.

The door fit pretty good, the hood is ok the fender does not match the door all that great but its ok. The parts are not keystone, was just has stickers capa certified or something like that. But this truck is a driver, so I am satisfied with it.

Would hae been happier if it never got damaged but oh well

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used two door from keystone and had good luck $100 EACH but the hood i wasnt happy with it would shake when driving down the road. and have pic of truck if you would like i can e-mail

1 - 10 of 10 Posts