Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of busting my ass for my employer, having to fight for a decent raise and working every holiday last year when nobody else would I got screwed over pretty good when I injured my foot at home.
I went to the ER on Monday the 11th, went to work the next morning and left early to go to the ortopedic surgeon. Came back to work in an open toed ortho shoe and worked until my surgery on Friday the 15th. I took the weekend off as the surgeon requested and went back to work in the same ortho shoe the following Monday. Worked without issue all morning and right before lunch was told Id have to put on a steel toed boot to sit at my desk next to my machining center writing programs. I had talked to my supervisor and this wasnt a problem before surgery, but for some reason unknown to me the General manager decided I would have to to stay at work, so I took a razor blade to my old pair of boots and forced my recently operated foot in the boot to finish out the day. Close to the end of the day I was told by the supervisor that I wasnt allowed to work any overtime while on restricted/light duty. I about fucking cussed everyone out at this point, but retained my composure and clocked out and have completed all the paperwork for my short term disability so I have some kind of income while Im off work.
Im a dedicated and resourceful employee who puts out 110% if Im treated fairly, but Im also very resourceful when Im not being treated fairly, so I spent the last week sending out resumes and doing interviews and BAM! When I do go back to work in about a week I will turn in my damn notice! I got a better position with more money, better working environment and better benefits package! Fuck um! :smt077

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratz,at least things are going your way,it's tough,goin through rough times myself right now.
Well considering the amount of time my VMC ran compared to the others there, they screwed themselves more than they did me. I got a $5000 a year raise and the working conditions are twice as nice as where I was. Fuck um! :cool:

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It sucks when you get treated like that but congrats on your new job.
Thanks, I also get to increase my value as an employee. I use SurfCam and GibbsCam already and I will be learning MasterCam and Solidworks at the new job. They are a fast turn around prototyping shop with the latest and the greatest in investment casting technology. They have about 25 SLA (3d printing) machines where they grow parts and then cast them. Gonna be a great move for me if for nothing but the training!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
It's a tough job market but there are jobs out there, good luck and PHUCK'EM! :-Yap

You plan on working your notice, 2 weeks is standard but some places will just tell you to go home?

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a tough job market but there are jobs out there, good luck and PHUCK'EM! :-Yap

You plan on working your notice, 2 weeks is standard but some places will just tell you to go home?
Of course Im gonna work out the two weeks, but if they want me to hit the road early to thats fine by me as I can start the new job.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Good luck Bruce

·
Registered
302 Posts
Good to hear when the good guys win. Congrats

·
Chupa Cabra
9,824 Posts
Machining and engineering positions will always be needed to fill.

I am in school for Machining and Welding, my major was Aviation mechanics, then I wanted to do Heavy equipment/diesel mechanics and finally came to my senses. I don't have to be a mechanic to work on cars, machining and welding is just as important as fixing the car itself. Actually go hand in hand.

Good for you!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Well considering the amount of time my VMC ran compared to the others there, they screwed themselves more than they did me. I got a $5000 a year raise and the working conditions are twice as nice as where I was. Fuck um! :cool:

That stuff beats all I ever saw. A guy where I work now runs his vmc on 25% rapid and nobody says crap to him. I'm about in the same boat you are. I switched jobs 2 months ago and I'm ready to switch again. It's crazy you can't find a nice shop to work in without all the childish bs.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I sincerely hope you guys that have jobs you like, and, are treated well at, truly appreciate it. The rest of the working class has/is being treated like shit at their jobs because the owners/bosses know that they can.................

·
1,879 Posts
I sincerely hope you guys that have jobs you like, and, are treated well at, truly appreciate it. The rest of the working class has/is being treated like shit at their jobs because the owners/bosses know that they can.................
Ding Ding Ding :rock:

·
1,879 Posts
must be non union

That was my first thought also...... But the way this economy is, Union or Non we are all being treated like doo doo

1 - 20 of 23 Posts