Registered
14,305 Posts
What's the story with the layoff.

Congrats on getting her going

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was in navy, popped motor.. Was getting a motor together had a kid, and a horrible ex... got out the military was outta work for 8 months, then my ex ran away with my daughter, 30k in lawyer expenses.. Got custody, and child support got a great job and a awesome lady!! That's the condensed version.. Motor combos changed a bit, but ended up ls.. And using all pros for lamps.. But I'm happy..

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Understood. Glad it seems to be working out. Maybe I'll see u on the streets some time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
nice!

·
Puttin'er in the beams!
1,336 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
7,882 Posts
you are an inspiration man....ive been seriously thinking about throwing in the towel on my build and my only reason is im burned out....you on the other hand, you hung onto your car all these years despite your hardships....congrats

i guess i could learn a few things from you...PATIENCE is one of them.. good to see you got her back on the road

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's ok to put it away for a bit, I never thought of getting rid of it.. It's been paid for long long time ago, and I refused to be a "I used to have a..." Kinda guy.. In the meantime I did a few cars with some friends, and just gathered my crap.. Over time.. I'm glad it went together well..
Now it's cleaning up my spaghetti, and making it look as good as Chris jones's car, maybe even wash it.. Been bout 4yrs lol

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Dave , when u Gonna come out on sat nights! Be nice to see ya again... Thx for the positive words. Guys.. I've got the itch again.. Lol

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
congrats, car sounds killer. Mines been down for 6 months and I'm going through withdrawls, I can't imagine 9 years

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Congrats! I've been in a similar situation....kept mine as well. Sooo glad I did, and that car means more to me now. I bet you will feel the same about yours.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats! I've been in a similar situation....kept mine as well. Sooo glad I did, and that car means more to me now. I bet you will feel the same about yours.
Yea first car I bought on my own, first one I drag raced , first one I built from ground up.. I'll keep it forever.. Hope one day to have my kids drive it at the strip.. That would be sweet..

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Good for you!!! 9 years wow, I tend to get bored after 6 months. Though I think I found a keeper but I've said that before.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts