Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of afr are y'all shooting for on methanol
Idle
Cruise
And under decent bit of boost like 30-35 psi

I'm swapping over from c16 and have a really well working map for Holley efi
I can just change over my target afr table and it will repopulate the fuel table
I was hoping to use it like that since I know this worked pretty well

Thanks

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
What kind of afr are y'all shooting for on methanol
Idle
Cruise
And under decent bit of boost like 30-35 psi

I'm swapping over from c16 and have a really well working map for Holley efi
I can just change over my target afr table and it will repopulate the fuel table
I was hoping to use it like that since I know this worked pretty well

Thanks
What o2s , and coils you running ?

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
I shoot for 3.2 at boost, but we don't have to worry, we have a mag so we can run it fat and happy and it won't loose any cylinders ;)

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
Ign1a coils and ntk o2 sensor
I would Start off at 3.6 to 3.8 and work from there it will probably fat but safe and read the plugs every pass . Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
I shoot for 3.2 at boost, but we don't have to worry, we have a mag so we can run it fat and happy and it won't loose any cylinders ;)
Toss that Mag in the trash :p

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
Which NTK, they are not all the same. If it's the one Holley recommends it's not accurate much below 4.0 or so. If it was around $400-$500 for just the sensor, it's the good lab grade sensor that BS3, FAST etc runs.

·
SO MUCH TIMING CHAIN!
1,135 Posts
sbf, small centri blower car with a fair amount of compression, 1/8 mile only. i ran 6.1 - 5.8 at idle and 5.1-5.3 cruise, 4.5 low boost 4.1 at 25psi and it still showed i could go a little leaner on the plug. FAST XFI NTK 02 sensor & MSD 8 with single HVC coil.

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
sbf, small centri blower car with a fair amount of compression, 1/8 mile only. i ran 6.1 - 5.8 at idle and 5.1-5.3 cruise, 4.5 low boost 4.1 at 25psi and it still showed i could go a little leaner on the plug. FAST XFI NTK 02 sensor & MSD 8 with single HVC coil.
Sounds about right I just want to keep him fat so he don't come back and mudderphuck us lol

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
A/R is just a number Every efi system , 02s , and motors are different hell we have blown cars in the 3.8 range read the plugs and go from there

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
what would a bosch lsu 4.9 read ? or do they not that low?
Bosch reads a tad bit leaner (or so they say ) I have the lsu 4.2 sensors they read down to 3.5 but at 3.5 it's fat as phuck

·
Registered
716 Posts
Mine likes to idle at 4.9-5.0 AFR and cruise at 4.8 ish.... by cruise u mean two foot it to the beams lol... full throttle id start rich, I was burning heads at 3.75afr at 25psi boost, now I'm in the 3.5 -3.4 afr range at 38-42psi boost .... keep an eye on your plugs and creep up on things slowly :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
my engine is inline 6.
It runs happy @ 4,7 @ 34 psi of boost pressure.
Any afr less than 4,5 under boost, engine is unhappy.
EFI and CDI ignition.
Heat range 10 plugs.
NTK sensor (Cosworth)

Maybe the CDI cannot burn mixture richer than 4,5.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I'm gonna buy a new ntk sensor for this so does anyone have a recommendation for the good one for Holley

1 - 20 of 65 Posts