Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
'73 Camaro NETO/N
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious if anyone has any experience with the AFR Eliminator Race single plane 4150 intake manifold for small block Chevy with partial port match? AFR discontinued their Titon composite manifolds and replaced them with the Eliminator series. When I spoke to an AFR representative, awhile back, about purchasing a Titon manifold, he advised me to wait for the release of their new cast manifolds. If this manifold has comparable performance or better compared to the Titons, I would really like to try this on my next build.

I have currently have the Edelbrock Super Victor II on a 434, and have had a good experience with the Weiand 7531 Team G on a 355. I'm looking to build a high compression 406 and was contemplating whether to use the Team G or try out the new AFR Eliminator. ( I've got multiple other sbc manifolds to sell, including the Team G, to null the cost).

Here is an informative manifold comparison from Car Craft in 2013. I only wished they used the 7531 Team G, with a 2"raised plenum, instead of the 7530 for this test.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I have no experience with the AFR Eliminator.

However, I'd heard that the old Holley Strip Dominator was an underrated manifold. It was interesting to see that it still holds up, even today.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm curious if anyone has any experience with the AFR Eliminator Race single plane 4150 intake manifold for small block Chevy with partial port match? AFR discontinued their Titon composite manifolds and replaced them with the Eliminator series. When I spoke to an AFR representative, awhile back, about purchasing a Titon manifold, he advised me to wait for the release of their new cast manifolds. If this manifold has comparable performance or better compared to the Titons, I would really like to try this on my next build.

I have currently have the Edelbrock Super Victor II on a 434, and have had a good experience with the Weiand 7531 Team G on a 355. I'm looking to build a high compression 406 and was contemplating whether to use the Team G or try out the new AFR Eliminator. ( I've got multiple other sbc manifolds to sell, including the Team G, to null the cost).

Here is an informative manifold comparison from Car Craft in 2013. I only wished they used the 7531 Team G, with a 2"raised plenum, instead of the 7530 for this test.

I have a titon only problem I had was a leak at the water neck

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
The Holley 300-25 is the best bang for the buck. Unfortunately the casting quality has gone down the toilet ever since they started casting them in China. Don't know too much about the Eliminator, havn't seen it used much.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Weingartner did a SV2 for my 406 and it made great power and torque 670hp/585tq with excellent throttle response. Maybe have your SV2 reworked by Weingartner.
I think he is saying he has that intake on another engine, so he wants to try something else for kicks.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Automotive exterior Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive wheel system Rectangle

Good looking manifold. The negative. It looks like they mill the sides of the plenum just like Edelbrock.

Reactions: ChopperScott

·
Registered
'73 Camaro NETO/N
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think he is saying he has that intake on another engine, so he wants to try something else for kicks.
Yes. I do have the SV2 on another engine. Excellent manifold, no doubt about it.

The AFR manifold has certainly piqued my curiosity, and I'm just fishing for some real world experience for everyone's benefit.

·
Registered
320 Posts

A bit off-topic but thanks for the link. First time I've read anything about this RHS I have on my engine. Guess it's not the absolute flaming turd I always thought it was. (y)

·
Registered
'73 Camaro NETO/N
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's the 434 with the SV2, and the 355 with the TG 7531, mentioned in the original post. Don't mind the rod poking through the oil pan on the 355. That's the top end I'd like to put on a 406... the Team G with AFR 220's, 65cc, competition ported, titanium retainers, Crower stainless roller rockers, and AFR stud girdles...

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
350 Posts
Here's the 434 with the SV2, and the 355 with the TG 7531, mentioned in the original post. Don't mind the rod poking through the oil pan on the 355. That's the top end I'd like to put on a 406... the Team G with AFR 220's, 65cc, competition ported, titanium retainers, Crower stainless roller rockers, and AFR stud girdles...

View attachment 340482
team g 7530 is the only intake i use, on my 356ci... 10.1 compression, 93 pumpgas motor. I have been [email protected] 135 in the 1/4 mile with that intake... straight out of the box. hard to beat that old ass design. lol

·
Registered
72 chevy camaro ss , Shafiroff racing 427sbc
4,881 Posts
SV2 intake and a 1.5 inch Wilson manifolds tapered spacer on my Shafiroff racing 427sbc

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Engineering

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
SV2 intake and a 1.5 inch Wilson manifolds tapered spacer on my Shafiroff racing 427sbc

View attachment 342089
Looks good!
I run the SV2 intake (tall) with 2" spacer. Except I ported AND polished the inside. I just need it for air being I run a RON'S T2 on my 434. Never saw anyone do it. I know why now 😄. Problem was....I saw how good the inside looked....so I had to polish the outside. I have alot of hours in it, that I know. Picked up .2 in the 1/8th 😉.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts