Yellow Bullet Forums banner

AFR 227's best 23 degree head for turbo sbc???

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Prochamro 
#1 ·
I've been workin on my build up, and I am going to be doing a blow through carb pt91... It's a sbc 383... I've been doing some research, and all the fast cars seem to be runnin AFR 227's... Is this the head that you guys would recommend on this build up???

Thanks. :D

#5 ·
MEAN_SBC said:
thirdgenone said:
I run the 227's they, seem to be good right out of the box. I've ran my best 9.0@152 non-intercooled,blow-thru.
Dang, that's impressive!!!! What setup are you runnin??? How much boost? :D

#7 ·
I run a highly modified set of 227s on a 440ci small block with a pro-charger F2R putting out about 30psi. in a 2850lb mustang i have gone 8.01 in the 1/4.....so, yes the 227 casting is a very good piece. i got them to flow over 350cfm on the intake. A ton of porting was done, and combustion chamber work, but they perform better than my friends Dart 18degree castings. They seem to respond extremley well to boost. The new 235 head i heard was even better than that, and they outflowed the RR heads in a flow comparison even after maximum porting was done to both cvastings.

#8 ·
we are putting a set of 227 cnc spreadport eliminators on our new motor....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.