Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been searching for hours can't find a answer. Need help finding roller rockers that fit these heads. Going to run HS but read those wont work.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
We have a set with Scorpion 1.6s and they are fine (with a 5/16 pushrod), You need the afr stud girdle, They are offset

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Any stud mount SBC rocker will work. If you like Harland Sharp they will fit fine... I've used them, Scorpion, Comp, Crower and Crane in the past. As said the stud girdle is AFR 210 specific but Jomar, Comp and Harland Sharp all make one for them.
Will

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Any stud mount SBC rocker will work. If you like Harland Sharp they will fit fine... I've used them, Scorpion, Comp, Crower and Crane in the past. As said the stud girdle is AFR 210 specific but Jomar, Comp and Harland Sharp all make one for them.
Will
Yes, the Harland Sharps will work, so long as you don't mind the pattern being damn near off the exhaust side of the valve stem with correct mid-left geometry. The pivot length is all wrong. Called Harland Sharp & was told quote "our rockers will not work with mid-lift geometry, & you are trying to take a rocker designed for .500" lift and throw .670" lift at it. I would attach a photo of the pattern but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to attach a photo to a post on this forum. I am dealing with the 220 Eliminator but it has the same +.100" valve lengths as the 210, which I believe exacerbates the contact pattern issue.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Been searching for hours can't find a answer. Need help finding roller rockers that fit these heads. Going to run HS but read those wont work.

I don't know if works in you heads , but if you. need it ,,, I have a set of :

-Comp Cams 1.6 Roller rockers #1605-16 for use with 7/16"studs.

-Comp Cams Adjustables GuidePlates #4835-8 for use with 5/16 pushrods and 7/16" studs.

-ARP Studs 7/16" 134-7123 ( 16 studs ).

All is New , Just use one for mock up , is posted in the YellowBullet Classifieds :)

http://www.yellowbullet.com/classifieds/viewlisting.php?view=110474

·
Registered
1,260 Posts

This is the pattern I got on AFR 220cc Eliminator heads using Harland Sharp original series 1.6 ratio rockers & correct length pushrods for correct mid-lift geometry. Sent them back & ordered a set of LGM shaft rockers from Shelton.

·
Registered
5,734 Posts

This is the pattern I got on AFR 220cc Eliminator heads using Harland Sharp original series 1.6 ratio rockers & correct length pushrods for correct mid-lift geometry. Sent them back & ordered a set of LGM shaft rockers from Shelton.

Now you gotta show us the LGM's. lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know if works in you heads , but if you. need it ,,, I have a set of :

-Comp Cams 1.6 Roller rockers #1605-16 for use with 7/16"studs.

-Comp Cams Adjustables GuidePlates #4835-8 for use with 5/16 pushrods and 7/16" studs.

-ARP Studs 7/16" 134-7123 ( 16 studs ).

All is New , Just use one for mock up , is posted in the YellowBullet Classifieds :)

http://www.yellowbullet.com/classifieds/viewlisting.php?view=110474

I appreciate the offer but I got the heads already assembled. Jus need rockers, this is only my second small block n my last one had Harland sharps n they did great. That's why I tryed to see if they worked.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Will do. They arrived 2day so gonna try 2 find time 2 get them sorted out this week. Have 2 send the pushrods i got 4 the HS's back 2 smith bros & order whatevr i end up needing 4 the lgms. I ran HS's on a 460 bbf i did years ago with good success, but it was a relatively mild hyd flat tappet

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Will do. They arrived 2day so gonna try 2 find time 2 get them sorted out this week. Have 2 send the pushrods i got 4 the HS's back 2 smith bros & order whatevr i end up needing 4 the lgms. I ran HS's on a 460 bbf i did years ago with good success, but it was a relatively mild hyd flat tappet

·
Registered
33,553 Posts
I run Howards 1.65s on my AFR210s...385sbc as well. I spent some considerable time measuring/dialing in my geometry. Since the valves are spread slightly..it makes it a little bit of a challenge. The problems I ran into were guide plates and pushrod diameter. I ended up using adjustable guide plates and if I remember right...5/16 od custom push rods. Centering the rocker tip roller on the stem was the main issue. I ultimately would have been better off using an offset seat cup in my roller lifters. Also I ended up using AFRs recommended lash cap.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I run Howards 1.65s on my AFR210s...385sbc as well. I spent some considerable time measuring/dialing in my geometry. Since the valves are spread slightly..it makes it a little bit of a challenge. The problems I ran into were guide plates and pushrod diameter. I ended up using adjustable guide plates and if I remember right...5/16 od custom push rods. Centering the rocker tip roller on the stem was the main issue. I ultimately would have been better off using an offset seat cup in my roller lifters. Also I ended up using AFRs recommended lash cap.
That's why we initially went with the Harland Sharps as we were able to get them in .100" offset intake & exhaust. The exhaust didn't need the offset for pushrod clearance, but it straightened out the pushrod angle. Our lifters aren't offset. The intake pushrod still had a very slight angle, but was centered in the hole so it cleared with 3/8" diameter. The only place it was close was at the bottom of the head, but it still cleared by a minimum of .025" through the lift curve. A 1.5 ratio would have more clearance there. The offset also allowed me to take all of the "pigeon toe" out of the exhaust, & almost all out of the intake.

The only problem with using lash caps is the geometry & pattern is already difficult due to the +.100" valve lengths, so the lash cap is only going to exacerbate that. And of course it adds inertia weight at the valve.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]
The LGM pattern as promised. Don't know what was going on with the intake side in this picture, guess the dye was too thick & didn't dry & dragged. The lobe lift is the same on intake & exhaust, & net lift after deflection losses was only .003" less on intake than exhaust. Ran a shorter than optimal pushrod as far as sweep to center the pattern, but even with minimum sweep the pattern was only on the outer 3rd of center of stem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts