Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
I think there is a much bigger bang for your buck with AFR. Any reason you're not intersted in the 225 AFR? I think that would be a much more suited head for a bigger CID N/A engine and even more so for the Nitrous engine... it has a better exhaust port.

What CID? Is it for that 414?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I gave my opinion about this in the trash or be trashed section but I'll post here too :D
I think you should consider either the AFR 225s or Dart Pro 1 225s as they are both CNCd and will run great on any stroker around 400 inches and over plus that leaves you the option to step up the power and RPMs in the future without having to buy larger heads. You can use a smaller cam to make the same power with the larger heads and that will make it more drivable and idle better (both on the street and the pits). I see Ford racers wish they had gone larger with their heads after being talked out of the larger heads by "internet racers" that say the ports are too large and you lose velocity. That is BS and with the proper cam a port that really is "too large" will work just fine. I went against the grain and used some 237cc intake port heads on my 392 and it rips even with the small cam. No lack of torque or engine response even with the big Dominator. The heads is where the power is, why compromise or hold yourself back in the future?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Oh, AFR does offer an optional larger nitrous exhaust port on their heads. That IS an option from AFR. 8)

·
Registered
726 Posts
The NEW Canfield 18* 230cc head is now ready. Then the 250cc head is coming. It'll make either of these look foolish. The 230cc head I tested went 340/250 box stock. The prototype 250cc head went 380cfm right out of the box. Thus when it gets done, it'll move 360'ish.

Call Canfield and ask for John. 1.330.533.1151.

·
DURCHWATEN POTENZ Baby!
22,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heads will probably go on a 392 or the 414 stroker. So what you guys are saying is that I can't go wrong with one or the other right? We probably will spray some time down the road. I am leaning toward the AFR's myself.

I will talk to my guys about the Canfield heads and see what they say. I'm not the financer of this project, just the builder! :-D

Thanks!!

·
TURBOBULLET.COM BITCHES!
6,046 Posts
Jay Allen said:
The NEW Canfield 18* 230cc head is now ready. Then the 250cc head is coming. It'll make either of these look foolish. The 230cc head I tested went 340/250 box stock. The prototype 250cc head went 380cfm right out of the box. Thus when it gets done, it'll move 360'ish.

Call Canfield and ask for John. 1.330.533.1151.
Damn, those heads sound KILLER!!!!! When are they gonna start moving those badboys.... How much for a bare set of 230cc's??? :-D

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Ya I know they bought the design from my old boss he has a couple of year's in them babby's but they work that's for sure :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts