Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there running both? I'm putting an 88mm on a sbf. Management is a pms. Can I run 160's, or should I stick with 120's? Anyone have any experience with this set up? Thx for any help.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
You talking about running the Pms with a stock fox body a9l??

Dont know anyone who has.... Sure it's been tried though. It's probably to sloppy at the lower rpm for fuel control to get it good. Wot I'd imagine it would be ok. Would be a bitch to tune IMO.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I tried low impedance 120's with a DBX meter, SBF 91mm. I could not get it to run right, tuner with limited PMS experience could not get it to run right either. lol, he actually made it worse. I had the injector driver, and everything else that Danny and Rick (AFM) suggested. I went blow-thru, if I was close to IL I would have taken it to them to figure it out.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the same meter, was hoping it would help. Has anyone had any luck with this set up?? How much power you guys think a 95lb would be good too? I know that is a loaded question.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Once you go above 83's its really hard to control idle and part throttle fueling in the a9l. Not saying it can't be done, but it's going to be a big bitch to do. I personally would just move up to a classic fast box before fucking around with all that other crap. And I tune plenty of fox a9l's.....

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Ive seen the versafueler driver box work well with the stock fox computer and big low impedance injectors.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ive got the afm pms and 160s but I run on e85 .I use a meter set up for 83lb injectors idles fine sometimes hot start up is a little sloppy but it alway starts.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I dont know much about the AFM low imp driver. I just have seen alot of good results useing the versafueler. Its just a different kind of driver. The afm driver might be just as good idk. You could always just get some high impedance 160's. There pricy but well worth the money so you dont have to worry about running low impedance injectors and the headace that comes with that.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The PMS driver box is just a bunch of resistors, not worth $250. Get a real driver for that money.

AFM did sell some true drivers, they have a seperate ground coming out of the driver box. Not to many of them around. They were better ones when they first came out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts