Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this and how serious a problem is it, looking at a trailblazer
(2007 Chevy Trailblazer LS 4x4
-extremely rare factory 5.3L LH6 Aluminum Block V8 Engine (10,078 of 303,942 '07 Trailblazers). With tune and camshaft swap you can make well over 450 HP with these motors.)

This is what the add is saying I'm thinking the problem is related to the cam swap and tune. Am i right or more of a problem.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Buy LS7 lifters and non-AFM valley plate. Non AFM cam or aftermarket cam. Then do a headgasket job. They are easy to do. Just did a 2010 Escalade.....same shit. Took 1 day

·
Confused Racer
41,577 Posts
Buy LS7 lifters and non-AFM valley plate. Non AFM cam or aftermarket cam. Then do a headgasket job. They are easy to do. Just did a 2010 Escalade.....same shit. Took 1 day
this is it. I have done a couple now. pretty much straight forward.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Have heads vacuum and pressure tested.........Have seen a few with a slightly leaking valve seat........Turns up as a slight miss at idle only.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Results of doing what Matty said to a LH6 with the same problems plus a turbo in my sig.

·
DamCoonass
15,336 Posts
Doing a Trailblazer & doing an Escalade are 2 COMPLETELY different beasteses.

Jus sayin............ A Trailblazer is TIGHTIGHTIGHT & everything has to come off the front of it to get the cam out

·
Registered
19,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So a cam and lifters and the valley pan can fix this problem, Truck has 140, miles on it looks real clean and they are asking $2800. for other than this it needs tires.

·
DamCoonass
15,336 Posts
So a cam and lifters and the valley pan can fix this problem, Truck has 140, miles on it looks real clean and they are asking $2800. for other than this it needs tires.
It probably needs a valve job......... I'd do one while the heads are off.

The rings are real low tension from the factory & are probably junk.

The Pistons probably have too much ptw clearance & will slap.

The cam bearings will look like shit & need replacing.

If you're building a keeper.......... Pull the motor(a royal motherfucker) & go through it.

That advice is worth every $ I charged you.:p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts