Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like class is goin to be who can run 5.30 index with non conventional heads and 706s is the new rumor. Why is there goin to be a change of any sort when a class had 14 to 16 cars every race. On the website it does not even show a tire rule. I supported this class last year when I was not working and was one of the slower cars and now seems like I wasted my time. I hope nothing changes but word is that its goin to. Maybe another track will pick the old rules and have the class. If non conventional is allowed I am more than likely out. I believe many others will be also. I have said my peace I guess.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i agree, im out too, big chiefs/dukes, turbos,xfi,big stuff and skinny kid race cars arent too affordable to most. guess thats the reason for the name change.bebop has his 75,000 dollar outlaw car that he wants to put in this class. good for them its his track.hope they enjoy racing with 3 cars.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I heard that no rules where going to be finalized until after tomorrow night. IMO, they needed a little tweak, but idk if they can stand all that. It makes me no difference, but going to bet not everyone feels that way.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I think they should lean more to the x275 but if not I be there anyway

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
Why change something thats not broke
I agree...This class was jumpin' all last year. The reason it done so good is because it was aimed at the little guys that showed up and showed support. The only X275 cars that were there couldn't make a class of their own and was the reason they were added to A/S and the index was added. I say if they want to do that just make an X275 class again, but the majority of the guys couldn't hang in a class like that...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Well I'm glad they are changing the name thats for sure. I heard the rules are going to be tweaked a little, personally I don't think it's going to make that big of a difference.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I dont know if my little 23 degree small block can hang, but it will be alot better than going down on sunday and listening to all the bullshit. Im hoping my junk will be ready by the first race, its in kentucky getting chassis work..

·
2013 KING OF THE STREET
1,706 Posts
275s,3500lbs and no index lol real street car lol

·
2013 KING OF THE STREET
1,706 Posts
yea with the promod front ends

·
Registered
947 Posts
rules in "affordable street" will not change. It will stay EXACTLY like last year. The name is going to change because John Gotera told me personally there was not a F'n thing affordable about it LOL. Name is changing due to a new class SPONSOR! that will be announced at the banquet. Hope to see everyone Sat night at JB.s
THANKS Jabbo

·
2013 KING OF THE STREET
1,706 Posts
wish i could come!!! think the class is on the right track!!! no one has 14 cars but holly

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
rules in "affordable street" will not change. It will stay EXACTLY like last year. The name is going to change because John Gotera told me personally there was not a F'n thing affordable about it LOL. Name is changing due to a new class SPONSOR! that will be announced at the banquet. Hope to see everyone Sat night at JB.s
THANKS Jabbo
good news jabbo. see you tomorrow night:)

1 - 20 of 258 Posts