Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with one of these. I have one of the harbor freight rams on my engine crane but it hardly gets any use compared to my bender.

·
Registered
82 Posts
There is no reason to bend manually when you can buy those cylinders for $80. They work great. Build a vertical stand like mine and they are very compact when bending.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does anyone have experience with one of these. I have one of the harbor freight rams on my engine crane but it hardly gets any use compared to my bender.
I have this same type set up. bender is trick tools 105hd pretty much the same as jd2 model. my ram is from harbor freight. 8 ton. bracket is a swag offroad bracket. it all works well

·
Registered
287 Posts
What kind of control do you have with the air over hydraulics? How precise can you control it, and what are you guys using to control how fast it moves? Just like a ball valve or something??

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,374 Posts
What kind of control do you have with the air over hydraulics? How precise can you control it, and what are you guys using to control how fast it moves? Just like a ball valve or something??
its sllllooooooowwwwwww.... no need for anything. slow enough that and can creep up to any degree.... the biggest issue you will have is learning spring back, and thats common with any bender

·
Registered
287 Posts
its sllllooooooowwwwwww.... no need for anything. slow enough that and can creep up to any degree.... the biggest issue you will have is learning spring back, and thats common with any bender
Definitely on the spring back...I've got that pretty dialed in, and have it accounted for in my Bend-Tech Pro. I've just been bending manually, and it really hasn't been an issue...but my bender is currently stationary mounted to my shop floor, and I'd like to put it on a cart type deal like the ones shown above so I don't have to work around it all the time. With as cheap as these cylinders are, I don't see any reason not to go get one and give it a try. Mounting for vertical operation seems to have some benefits as well. I have a HF close, so I may have to go pick one up and get started on a cart :).

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
This is the set up I have except that I made my own stand and hydraulic ram adapter but the same end product. It works very well. As others have said, no issues with creeping up on an angle.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Question for you guys using the Model 3. Will it do some 1 5/8" .134wall tube? Looking at this bender and to add air/hydraulic to it but have a few bars to make some bends in with the 1 5/8 but nothing over 90*. Otherwise using .120/.122 wall. The model32 seems over kill for me and that is what JD2 is recommending to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts