Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a big difference between afco and menscer d/a rear shocks. Application is a back half mustang , on a 32/14 slick 4 link suspension low 5 sec. 1/8 mile.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe the afco valving parameters are to fit into any application, and the menscer valving is more specific for which application you tell them you are using for?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
you cannot compare a box afco to a mencer built shock(as they are built to your needs)

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
Mencer has a great program for radial setups but santhuff gets the nod for big tire valving imo. As for off the shelf stuff it's a toss up, even strange doubles do a good job of controlling big tire setups.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bushmec, I was also looking at the strange double adjustable rears also. Are there a lot of fast cars running them in a bigger tire application?

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
They are ok. The valving isn't as tight as the santhuff but they are better than off the shelf afcos.

·
Registered
10 Posts
At what power level would Menscers be needed? I am currently making 866 whp and the most power i think I will ever make is no more than 1500whp.

Can't decide on whether I should get Afco rears or Menscer.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
At what power level would Menscers be needed? I am currently making 866 whp and the most power i think I will ever make is no more than 1500whp.

Can't decide on whether I should get Afco rears or Menscer.
Spend the money once and go with the Mensers, IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts