Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a new set of afco rear shocks an i really need help on the setings because i had QA1 single ajustables on at first an the car would six from 1.22 to 1.25 an i went out with the new ones on an the shop set them at 21 on extension 20 on compression an the car just blow the tires rite off on 2 passes they have 37 clicks for extension an 30 for compression an the car weighs 3095....
PLEASE HELP GOT A BIG RACE ON THE 30TH!thanks

·
Registered
545 Posts
If it is blowing them off from the hit, I would soften the extention. Start around 15. This should be close to where your QA1 extension rate was. This should speed up the separation of the rear to help plant the tire. The 20 clicks on the compression should be a good starting point. If it hooks and then unloads, stiffen the compression to keep the tire planted. All cars want something different. Video it and watch what it does, then give it what it wants................Good luck, Toni

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it is blowing them off from the hit, I would soften the extention. Start around 15. This should be close to where your QA1 extension rate was. This should speed up the separation of the rear to help plant the tire. The 20 clicks on the compression should be a good starting point. If it hooks and then unloads, stiffen the compression to keep the tire planted. All cars want something different. Video it and watch what it does, then give it what it wants................Good luck, Toni
MAN THANKS i hate changing things an i hope i can get it to gether..you an todd from trz said about the same thing

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
errr,,, ahhh is it a bias tire or a radial the shocks will be set completely different.

Your not giving enough of anything to help, as in what did the car do on the two passes you had? What was it doing that the single did not work? Is it a radial car, is why you changed if so you will want a easy on ext setting and tight on comp, if it spins like in water still, then down on air soften ext more if it shakes, up on air and tighten comp, once it hooks then keep tightening ext till the sitxy drops off.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
errr,,, ahhh is it a bias tire or a radial the shocks will be set completely different.

Your not giving enough of anything to help, as in what did the car do on the two passes you had? What was it doing that the single did not work? Is it a radial car, is why you changed if so you will want a easy on ext setting and tight on comp, if it spins like in water still, then down on air soften ext more if it shakes, up on air and tighten comp, once it hooks then keep tightening ext till the sitxy drops off.
the car has 29x10.5 slicks the car just blew the tires rite off... i change to afco doubles because after the car sixty it would continue spining an my 330 -1/8 mile ET doesnt come close the MPH an i think its because the car would pop rite up in the rear to quick an not keep the weigh on the tires

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i also have had some one say do just the oppisite set the compression around 15 with is half an set extension around 25 with would be like 3/4 thats way i wonted to here what you guys on the bullet thinks......an this guy is well respected

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Sorry man but I feel like your playing the Grudge I got a big secret crap, is it a Turbo, on spray, trans, rear gear, your asking for help its like a blind dart thrower. Do what ever the guy that knows what in it says it will be better than we could give you with what you have gave us to work with. But its not Popping "right up" with a 1.22 sitxy foot time

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry man but I feel like your playing the Grudge I got a big secret crap, is it a Turbo, on spray, trans, rear gear, your asking for help its like a blind dart thrower. Do what ever the guy that knows what in it says it will be better than we could give you with what you have gave us to work with. But its not Popping "right up" with a 1.22 sitxy foot time
nos big block 400 trans 370 gears...now what else do you need because im looking for a starting point thats it but im hearing to different ways to go with so i guess i will have to try both ways in ashort amount of time

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
With what you have said now, I would look at the dyno sheet that came with the shocks and set it at a sightly stiffer than 50/50 Compression and a slightly lighter than 50/50 on extension. I dont think you had much issue with the shocks before, it sounds like it was way out past the hit. If you to light on ext. or compression you will have it unload in the first 5 feet it will seperate hard then the tire will bounce right back up. If the ext is to tight it will not seperate. If ou can start light and tighten the ext till the 60 drops off also.

I think you have way to much gear in the car for what you have going on. The spray makes tons of TQ and the 400 has a 2.48 low X a 3.70 rear gear and as the car comes off rotation you hitting second when its unloading, are you foot braking? If so you might take off in second on bring the hit in on a progressive set up if not already, do it sooner so its not unloading when its hitting.

·
Un-Official YB Tormentor
5,087 Posts
Find someone with a shock dyno. Have them dyno the old shit, and calibrate the AFCOS. SIMPLE.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i finally got out to make a few passes an made a little progress we go the car to sixty 1.30 setting compression @ 15 out of 25 an ext set @ 29 out of 39 im thinking next time out i will go softer on the ext like 12 an leave comp @ 15 an see if it picks up......but the car is tranfering pretty good....thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts