Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock suspension 1988 mustang coupe the minitubs, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with goo or bad. Looks to me you have to turn these upside down so the knob will at the bottom. Also, do these work as well as coilovers mounted behind the rearend housing instead of mounted in the stock location. The car weighs 2835lbs with driver. 54%front /46% rear. Thanks in advance. What length and weight springs do I use?

·
Registered
989 Posts
I can't answer the Mustang specific question, but the 3870's take a 14" spring. They can be mounted either way. I just ordered a set, should have them in my hands today. Mine shocks mount behind the rear housing like you are thinking. using AFCO's information, you are right at the cutoff for spring weight. You are at 1,304 lbs in the rear they suggest a 130lb spring from 1,200 - 1,3000lbs and a 140lb spring for 1,300 - 1,400 this is assuming the shockes are mounted straight up and down.

Contact Carl at Central Racing Parts (316) 299-8427. He is a member here and great to deal with. I just bought my AFCO's though him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts