Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else have there aerospace front brakes lock up under hard acceleration? I haven't had any issues until last night but apparently I did a wheelie the whole 1/8 mile and when I got on the brakes the front tires locked up. I tried to release the pedal and get back on it but they stayed locked up. I had to skid to a stop from 151mph blowing both tires. I'll check everything over when I get a chance but was wondering if anyone else had any similiar issues. When I recently changed pads I noticed they were wearing in a "wedge" pattern.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Was the wedge pattern top to bottom on the shortside or long ways? It could have been the line lock did not release.
Exactly. Tell us more info? General rule of thumb is that if both wheels lock up it is not the individual components. Could be a Line Lick that did not release if you leave off one or a Master Issue. As for the pad wear, that could very well be an installation issue. Not saying it is.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm
The old pads were worn on the inside of the short side (if that makes any sense).
I use the line lock on the burn out, release button, burn forward then drive close to the line. Power brake up to both bulbs, hit trans brake button then launch. I wouldn't think the line lock could be the culprit but ya never know.

·
Registered
786 Posts
With the pads worn like that more than likely the rotors are cupped. Take the rotors off and lay on a flat surface and the rotor face will not lay flat. . I have 2 customers that have the cupping problem of the rotors. The tell tale sign is the pad wear. Both cars get 3 sets of rotors a season. . . .Do you use residual valves in the brake lines?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No residual valves but I have a proportioning valve that is wide open. What are the front/rear line pressures I should be looking for?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.