Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 800cfm c&s alky carb (thought/hoped it was gas but...). I have played around on their site a fair bit and it seems to me they are very popular with the circle track folks.

Any real benefits of running one of these over say a Pro-Systems or a BIGS?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Roger and the crew has always treated me nicely,
the resale value is high, but from time to time I do get a C&S in to convert to E85 and if I ever have a question about their tune or need some parts they are quick to assist me.
I believe its a great product from some great people, most certanly you should try it.
as for your other choices...thats up to you...but I believe there are BETTER choices.

Mark Sullens E85 Carburetors

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
I think alcohol is forgiving enough that the C&S design will be fine when tuned close for your combo. E85 might be OK, for gas I would stick with a conventional carb with a booster.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks gentlemen, I see I failed to mention I will be using gas and racing at altitude. The tracks I race at are between 4800ft and 6000ft. I'm a bracket racer so I'm definately looking for consistency.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
You won't be able to use that carb as it is set up for alky without sending it back to them for mods, and may not be worth the money you will invest to do it. I would sell it to someone looking to run alcohol and buy a gas carb with boosters.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You won't be able to use that carb as it is set up for alky without sending it back to them for mods, and may not be worth the money you will invest to do it. I would sell it to someone looking to run alcohol and buy a gas carb with boosters.
I have that carb and another 850 DP on ebay to finance whatever carb route I do go (leaning Pro Systems).

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts