Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Found a nice system a guy is selling. Any experience with AEM? User friendly?
We put an AEM infinity into my cousins sbf 408 turbo car. ~850hp at the wheels. I have gone thru it a bit. The software is not quite as easy as the Holley stuff, but it is pretty user friendly none the less. Anyone that can tune a holley should be able to tune the AEM. He has had the ECU in the car for ~3 years now and it has been fine.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I refuse to tune AEM. I've seen SO many problem with this system.. I know a few people that were sponsored by AEM that BOUGHT other systems because it was nightmare. Not logging, lost files, corrupt files, firmware issues, stuff just not working at all , custom firmware needed for certain configurations, the list goes on.. They have most of the bugs worked out of th V2 but you need the right firmware installed.. Infinity has great features but is still glitchy. Make sure you pick the RIGHT firmware;)

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I have 2 friends with 2jz setups that are both having intermittent problems with newer infinity systems.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I refuse to tune AEM. I've seen SO many problem with this system.. I know a few people that were sponsored by AEM that BOUGHT other systems because it was nightmare. Not logging, lost files, corrupt files, firmware issues, stuff just not working at all , custom firmware needed for certain configurations, the list goes on.. They have most of the bugs worked out of th V2 but you need the right firmware installed.. Infinity has great features but is still glitchy. Make sure you pick the RIGHT firmware;)
I have a v2 on my evo and it has a weird bug where it closes the IAC during cranking. ZERO support from AEM. im about to throw it in the river.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts