Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the aq-1. When I first bought mine I hooked it up to the computer and was able to run a test 10 second log. I went to install it in my car and now it won't perform the test log it just says unable to perform log but doesn't say why. There is no info on this in the directions. I put a different sd card in it and the same thing. I tried to call aem but they aren't open on weekends. Any help would be awsome.

·
Registered
49,841 Posts
I haven't used those yet. Usually a communication problem will lead to a error like that however.

·
Registered
33,118 Posts
Aren’t you supposed to record to the card and then remove it and read it with a card reader and your computer or if your computer has a port for it….??

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if this is a communication problem, is it a problem communicating with the sd card. the logger isn't even in the car, it is hooked up to my computer at my house. it says on the screen that is is connected and i can make changes to the different channels and also look at the data from the g meter change if i move the box around. when i first hooked it up to my computer it let me perform a couple of test logs and transfer them to my computer. i just mounted it in my car and hooked it back up to the computer and it wouldn't perform the test logs again(i don't know if i changed some settings in the box). in the bottom left corner of the screen on the computer it says its connected and in calibration mode. i will call aem tomorrow and see what they have to say, i was just hoping to figure it out over the weekend

·
Registered
33,118 Posts
Try this. Take the SD card out of the logger and put it in the port on the computer and read it that way.

How do the instructions say to do it?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Unhook it from the computer and try it again.

Does the AQ-1 come with any wiring or do you have to buy it separate?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i talked to aem and the datalogger was in a calibration mode from the factory. i had to send it back and they fixed it and sent it back to me. the customer service was very good. they fixed it right away and sent it back the next day.
the aq-1 comes with just the box and you have to buy the wiring separate and it is about $150.
i ended up buying an rpm logger with sensors and egts, so if interested i will be selling the aq-1 and wiring harness.

·
Registered
452 Posts
i talked to aem and the datalogger was in a calibration mode from the factory. i had to send it back and they fixed it and sent it back to me. the customer service was very good. they fixed it right away and sent it back the next day.
the aq-1 comes with just the box and you have to buy the wiring separate and it is about $150.
i ended up buying an rpm logger with sensors and egts, so if interested i will be selling the aq-1 and wiring harness.
Did you not like the AQ1? How much are you asking for it?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i actually like it. for the price it is worth it. i like the fact that you can power it up with the usb adapter and it has sampling rates higher than the racepak plus the internal 3 axis g meter. those are the reasons that i bought it. the only real reason for not using it is the rpm datalogger has egt sensors and the aq-1 doesn't have enough channels to run all 8 egts. i would sell the aq-1 and harness for $425.00 plus shipping if interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts