Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to buy a 4150 carb for my 427 sbc ,its a high port motor.ive got a 1050 pro-systems dominator on it now with a hvh adapter .the intake is a 4150 and it runs really well but i get a 50pound weight break for a 4150 carb.please no smart ass remarks i just want your guys honest opinion.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have a prosystems 1050 4150 and have been thinking about switching to a Dominator. You interested in a swap?

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
By the time you factor in your time setting it up and spending the money on the AED carb the ProSystems carb is a great deal. Almost everyone I know (including myself) that has one basically bolted it on, set the idle and went racing.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,413 Posts
A firend of mine bought a used AED carb and the tech supprt he recieved was as if he bought it new.

I've run Pro System carbs and had Patrick's cell phone number for help at the track.

Either company builds good carbs and has good support.

·
Registered
445 Posts
im looking to buy a 4150 carb for my 427 sbc ,its a high port motor.ive got a 1050 pro-systems dominator on it now with a hvh adapter .the intake is a 4150 and it runs really well but i get a 50pound weight break for a 4150 carb.please no smart ass remarks i just want your guys honest opinion.

I noticed you're from Dyton area. You might give John at APD in Genoa Oh a call. They build very competitive pieces and also can be found at the area's tracks using their products, and always very willing and available to assist you, with great service after the sale...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill look into apd if there local thanks for the info.and i might be willing to do some tradeing on your 4150 ,1050 carb.can you send me a pic of it to [email protected] thanks guys for the info.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I have an AED 750 on my Procharged 71 Z/28 and it's been flawless. I would guess the carb has been on the car for around 12 years now.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have an AED 750 on my LT1. Called tech support with a few questions and they answered them all thoroughly and cheerfully!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I recently bought a Pro Systems for my car and all I can say is its amazing..literally bolted it on..set the idle..and its perfect!

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Just call George Rupert and get him to build you what you need. Best alky carb builder around and aint bad on gas carbs either! lol

·
Head Phuckstick
18,681 Posts
I will also say that Patrick at Pro Systems tech support is great. We was testing on a Wednesday night late (11-12 central) and the guy picked up the phone to help us with what we thought was a fuel delivery issue.

I would recommend him to anyone.

Shannon

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
I will also say that Patrick at Pro Systems tech support is great. We was testing on a Wednesday night late (11-12 central) and the guy picked up the phone to help us with what we thought was a fuel delivery issue.

I would recommend him to anyone.

Shannon
Same here. First time out with the new carb I had a problem, it was a Sunday. Called Patrick up, he answered right away and gave me all the support I needed. Turned out it wasn't the carb but the car's linkage but Patrick was right there.

Anytime... anywhere!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
By the time you factor in your time setting it up and spending the money on the AED carb the ProSystems carb is a great deal. Almost everyone I know (including myself) that has one basically bolted it on, set the idle and went racing.
I've had two ProSystems carbs on my Pontiac. In each case I "basically bolted it on, set the idle and went racing."
I understand the AEDs are supposed to be good but I have no reason to change vendors.

Jim

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
As much as I like the Pro-Systems carb, if AED is down the road from the OP I can see good reason why he would go there. I've used AED in the past and was happy. I just believe Pro-Systems is a tad better.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts