Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Jason, I had a set of MT 29.5 x 10.5 W's on my 68 Camaro and I cut a brand new slick ( They looked sweet). I put a set of QTP 29 X 13.5's on the car and they clear fine. Problem is I want to put a radial on the car now and Mickey Thompson doesn't offer a radial that will fit in nicely. I had a set of ET Street Radial Pro's and they looked tiny width and height wise(they worked awesome though). The Circ is either 94 or 89. Do you have any advice here that I'm missing ?

Thx

·
Registered
682 Posts
315/60/15 should be the ticket for what you are after.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well guys sorry to say but I can't give you any news on the new Pro bracket radials that I purchased. I mounted them but they are too tight in the wheel well of my 68 Camaro. That 29.5x10.5 pro bracket radial is a huge tire. I only have a 1/4" between the quarter and the tire. I tried to raise the car but it made no difference.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jason I have adjusted the suspension a bit and am close to 1/2 an inch in front and behind the tire now. Although I cut my MT 29.5x10.5 stiff wall slick at the top of the track I thought the 29.5x10.5 Pro Bracket radial would have been ok because the radial does not grow. I've ran MT 28x10 stiff wall slicks and the 275 Pro both tires look tiny on my 68 Camaro. I guess I have to accept that look or run a 29 tall slick from another company which I would prefer not doing.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I did manage to get the tire on my car. Damn that's tight. It Just fit with a bit of rubbing

Now onto the good news. That tire is awesome. My cars best 60ft was a 1.44. I'm not sure if its apples to apples but my car at a good track and those Pro Bracket Radials just left with the wheels 3 ft in the air and a 60ft of 1.32 and averaged 1.35. I love it. I will never go back to a slick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts