Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if there is an advantage to running split ratios 1.6/1.5 or if I would be better off running 1.6 only. cam specs are 675/624 264/272 @ .050 106 Howards cam. 383 sbc 12.9comp massaged Brodix Tr 1's Enderle alky injected. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I would run it with the same ratio rocker because your cam all ready has a split between lift on the intake and exhaust. Going from 1.5's the 1.6's gives you about .030 more in lift. And dam your picture is big.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yeah, thought it was the small one, guess not. sorry bout that. Thanks for the info(on both) whats the reason for a split like that? better velocity or just doesnt need as much lift to remove spent gasses? just trying to learn a few things about the most important part of making power...gettin it in and gettin it out P.S. Love the truck

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, well lets try this question. to determine the difference in total lift I would take my cam spec of .675 and divide by 1.5 to get actual lobe lift (.450) then multiply by the new ratio of 1.6 to arrive at a total lift of .720 which is a difference of .045. This seems logical but I would like to know if I'm missing anything or thinking wrong. Thanks, Zombie

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:rock: cool, just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing any variables in there. Thank ya sir

1 - 7 of 7 Posts