Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a external purge on my system that ive used for years. I have recently noticed cars at the track do external purge then burb it thru the motor once or twice. My question is there any benefit to burping it thru the engine?

thanks
scott w

·
Registered
350 Posts
Do a search. There are several threads already on this subject with many opinions and details pros and cons.:party:party:party:party:Kneel:Kneel:Kneel

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just thought a quick burp or two might cool a long runner efi intake.

·
workin it
7,778 Posts
I only do it to make sure it works

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
As others said, do a search and you will see many opinions. I've talked with many very respected people in the game who said they have never been able to tell any performance difference...same as the deal with bypassing the nitrous regulators. I think it's a matter of preference or what makes you feel better.

·
Registered
462 Posts
As others said, do a search and you will see many opinions. I've talked with many very respected people in the game who said they have never been able to tell any performance difference...same as the deal with bypassing the nitrous regulators. I think it's a matter of preference or what makes you feel better.
x2

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
IF, you motor purge and it doesnt work what do you do? shut off or make the pass anyway? and if it doenst work what usually is the issue? loose wires, bad noids, etc?

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
I'm with Will too. It has several useful functions, but most important to me is to confirm that the n20 systems are working. If NOT, it may because of a problem like a sticky Noid malfuctioning, wiring issue, etc. OR, it could be that I had a brain fart & forgot to Activate the n20 system, or open the bottle valve. It does "clean up" the n20 systems, and you will see this from the 1st motor bang to the 2nd to the 3rd...at least in my case. And YES, it is useful to know if there is a problem, and the systems are not working, because I'd rather just abort the pass, instead of launching like a pig with no N20! To each his own...

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
if your waiting to make sure that the n20 works untill after the burnout ???
check it at home ......... or in the pits.. peace of mind!!

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
David, thanks, but "shite happens"...Murphy's Law...LOL.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys. i did search and read alot but most of it was directed towards carbed plates or foggers. just didnt clarify in first post i was questioning long runner efi. sorry for the repost. i didnt mean to beat a dead horse. i can see a benifit from a test burp at the line. i had solenoid stick open on the dyno once. luckily i ran up behind car and killed power and turned off bottle quickly. in a matter of seconds the intake and air filter were frozen solid. pulled all plugs and waited few minutes and turned motor over then put plugs back in. would have been bad on the track.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I do mine thru the motor because I was to lazy to wire in a purge system.. Don't know about sounding cool, everyone raps the throttle anyways..

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts