Yellow Bullet Forums banner

ADRL XTF vs. True Outlaw 10.5 vs. Super Street 10.5

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which series do you guys think is the best, I personally prefer True Outlaw 10.5. I would love to see ORSCA adopt some cubic inch weight breaks for the little guy but it is still the most exciting thing to watch for me because of the diversity of cars in Outlaw 10.5. As far as seeing old versus new. Not knocking ADRL or Super Street 10.5. With ADRL I just don't like the fact that Pro Mod like Hernandez could put 10.5's on there car and be legal to race(Can you say domination). Super Street doesn't have the closest racing. Glidden, Pappas, Millen, and Blair dominate at will for the most part.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
Which series do you guys think is the best, I personally prefer True Outlaw 10.5. I would love to see ORSCA adopt some cubic inch weight breaks for the little guy but it is still the most exciting thing to watch for me because of the diversity of cars in Outlaw 10.5. As far as seeing old versus new. Not knocking ADRL or Super Street 10.5. With ADRL I just don't like the fact that Pro Mod like Hernandez could put 10.5's on there car and be legal to race(Can you say domination). Super Street doesn't have the closest racing. Glidden, Pappas, Millen, and Blair dominate at will for the most part.

What do you guys think?
DRAG RADIAL!!!:p

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
What do you mean by true 10.5 outlaw?

Outlaw cars running on true 10.5's (tt5) like the NMRA Super Street Outlaw and World Street Challenge Super Street Outlaw?

If you are refering to something like those two sanctioning bodies, I like them the best.

For me I like cars that actually look like real street cars without the wild paint jobs and contingency stickers everywhere.

Something that look like a weekend only, hot street/strip car that belts out 7.50's or better.

In essence today's outlaw drag radial classes. :supz:

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
outlaw 10.5
Radial

Thats it, i think tt5 is kinda pointless and adrl extreme stuff, is a playing ground for 1990 pro stocks, no tanks

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Outlaw 10.5 circa 2003 was the shit for me. When we filmed the outlawracing.com outlaw race in Huntsville in 2003 before ORSCA was formed i was in heaven. I'm not a huge fan new body style full tube cars on 10.5s but the adrl's x10.5 deal is starting to draw more and more names and story lines. It is becoming a very cool class but i am still a fan of wheels up 'old school' outlaw 10.5.

·
Registered
6,700 Posts

What do you guys think?
The original "Super Street" is still my favorite,real cars,10" tires,small cu.in. engines & big crowds in Memphis! :cool:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
ADRL X 10.5 is a world class match race, every race, every round. Glidden vs Hill vs Kirk vs Moyer, gonna get even better as time goes on. I would sure LOVE to see Lynch and Petty in X10.5 trim, somebody lone those guys a tube car!

·
Registered
587 Posts
ADRL X 10.5 is a world class match race, every race, every round. Glidden vs Hill vs Kirk vs Moyer, gonna get even better as time goes on. I would sure LOVE to see Lynch and Petty in X10.5 trim, somebody lone those guys a tube car!
I agree with Sean. Run what ya brung, and hope its enough.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
True Outlaw 10.5 as in ORSCA/KOTH type rules. No doubt, XTF is a good show, just like True Outlaw 10.5 better. I think alot of XTF success is due to way in which ADRL is run, marketed, and advertised.

·
Registered
15,788 Posts
there all good just hope you bring a bad ass car or you will get your but kick.:)

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
The ADRL at Martin is the first 1/8 mile race I had ever been too. I have to say I kind of liked it better simply because you can make a good judgement on who won the close races without having to look up at the scoreboards

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
the old days of super street! OTTA (Outlaw True Ten Ass.) is much like the old sst stuff. Makes for some good racing and nice, street appearing cars!

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
I think alot of XTF success is due to way in which ADRL is run, marketed, and advertised.
To me that's it in a nutshell. Kenny Knowling is a marketing genius and that's why the ADRL is so popular and the payouts are good also. If ORSCA was half as good at marketing as the ADRL i'm sure Outlaw 10.5 would be doing just as well also. Most of those guys jumped ship to XTF because of the exposure, and money.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
To me that's it in a nutshell. Kenny Knowling is a marketing genius and that's why the ADRL is so popular and the payouts are good also. If ORSCA was half as good at marketing as the ADRL i'm sure Outlaw 10.5 would be doing just as well also. Most of those guys jumped ship to XTF because of the exposure, and money.
And the fear of twin turbo big blocks. :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts