Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
I think people would def. race it...the class would kick ass!!

I think it would be neat to have an N/A DR class and a power adder DR class !

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
IF it happened, it wouldn't be recognizeable as drag radial. I'd bet there'd be a import class first.

·
Registered
15,065 Posts
My 2-cents....

whats the chances? would people race this class? would the ADRL ever think of adding a class like this?

lets hear some opinions
I think it would work with ADRL......BUT,here comes the part that will piss everyone off............It would have to be a minimum tire size and no other rules to keep the crowd on their feet! No cubic inch limit,as many turbos as you want,unlimited nitrous systems and any chassis with no wheelie bars!!! Now that would be eXstreme DRAG RADIAL!!!!

·
J&E POWER!!
4,965 Posts
same rules as the xtf class, no rules just a drag radial tire no bigger then 315. no wheelie bars, dont think you'll see too many pro-mods with 315's on them tho

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
Yeah, ADRL would be outlaw as it gets, and take it in a whole other direction. ex- pro stock/comp elim rides on 315's with stupid horsepower (ok DR already has the stupid HP covered, but the rest is new).

they are all about as few rules as possible.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
same rules as the xtf class, no rules just a drag radial tire no bigger then 315. no wheelie bars, dont think you'll see too many pro-mods with 315's on them tho

thats pretty much what was in my mind

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
With the adjustable timing stuff it does not hardly matter what tires are on cars anymore..

ProMod + Drag Radials + 7531 box - Wheelie Bars = Pretty Simple

Electronics is making the small tire stuff pretty much a joke as limitation on how fast these cars will run

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I think it would be a cool class also but I doubt if the ADRL has room for it now that they've added pro stock. They were pushed for time at MIR with the classes they have now and from what I've heard they want to stick with the two day format. If you add 30+ drag radial cars it will really be tight for time. I hope they figure out a way to do it but I don't know how.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Simple, they go 3 day! ;)
I think part of the appeal to the ADRL is the two day format. It provides a back up day for weather, a travel day and one less overnight worth of expenses.

·
Registered
267 Posts
That class would be cool as hell.

None of the stupid weight everyone wants to add to them for some reason. Put them on a 295 and let them eat.

As far as time, get rid of the bikes.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hey Matt long time no see have you been to muncie any this year? i hear the track has gotten alot better. whats the latest news with your ride?
nope I ain't raced any where...
I'm broke as hell..
Chris is building me a badass bullet for NMCA Pro Stock..525 BBC EFI..
it's gonna be a wicked red monster..
soon as the Wife gets that 2nd job to finish payin' for it..!

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Ya gotta have the bikes everyone needs a bathroom break.
DUDE! Those bikes are bad ass, those people deserve alot of respect. They haul ass, and are deadly consistant. It is also very good racing. I sure watch them, BG

1 - 20 of 28 Posts