Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the major concerns as far as to be legal compared to NHRA Pro Mod . Do we have to have the NHRA legal 88mm turbos or can we have a regular Pro Mod 88mm? Also what about the carbon fiber brakes? What will the cost be to attend one of their races for the first time? Will I need the Lahie system or will they give me a one race grace?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Maple Grove was our first ADRL event of 2012 you have to have 100% carbon brakes they are very important to them. Must have shut down device wired and they do test it to make sure it works. You can run any 88mm so you are fine there. You then need a current physical to get your ADRL license if you dont have a physical you can still race but still must pay for the new license. You also have to get ADRL chassis cert total cost for all this and my 3 crew guys was around 900 -1000 if i remeber right. You also have to buy the eject system for your helmet if you do not have it. It is cheap and best to have it anyways. Also leahy shut down is very nice to have and gives you some peace of mind.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
Maple Grove was our first ADRL event of 2012 you have to have 100% carbon brakes they are very important to them. Must have shut down device wired and they do test it to make sure it works. You can run any 88mm so you are fine there. You then need a current physical to get your ADRL license if you dont have a physical you can still race but still must pay for the new license. You also have to get ADRL chassis cert total cost for all this and my 3 crew guys was around 900 -1000 if i remeber right. You also have to buy the eject system for your helmet if you do not have it. It is cheap and best to have it anyways. Also leahy shut down is very nice to have and gives you some peace of mind.

good lord, no wonder why the car counts are down.

·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
Why 100% carbon brakes? Do they work better then others? Not like these cars are 3000 pounds plus running the 1/4 mile.

ADRL chassis? ADRL have more bars for saftey? Based of the NHRA rule book and just looking for more $$$$

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
Why 100% carbon brakes? Do they work better then others? Not like these cars are 3000 pounds plus running the 1/4 mile.

ADRL chassis? ADRL have more bars for saftey? Based of the NHRA rule book and just looking for more $$$$
I understand the carbon brakes for 1/4 mile racing because they do work better the hotter they get but for 1/8th mile racing on 1/4 mile track you never hit the brakes usually because the chutes stop th car way before the last turn off.

ADRL wants to be 100% independent from NHRA to where they control every aspect of your car and you. By not taking the current NHRA license and chassis cert it's just another way to get the all mighty $$$$$ in their pocket and out of yours.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
We don't race ADRL but can absolutely say the carbon brakes work better...way better. The first time out with ours, they got tested in an emergency situation when the throttle got jammed wide open. The car stopped about a foot from the end of the track with black carbon dust all over the rear of the car. Our driver (Yvonne) said, without those brakes she would of definitely been off the track.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
phuckin haters.....SORRY DAVE

ADRL does not require CF brakes in any of their own classes.

The PM rules were pretty much copied from NHRA to make it easier for teams to crossover.

·
Registered
893 Posts
ADRL does not require CF brakes in any of their own classes.
This is correct.

P/X and P/N
"BRAKES: Four wheel brakes with dual master cylinder mounted above framerails required."

P/M
"BRAKES: Four wheel brakes with dual master cylinder mounted above framerails required. Application of brakes must be a function of the driver. Carbon fiber rotors and carbon fiber specific brake pads required on rear wheels. Steel brakes lines required and must be routed away from the flywheel and drivetrain area. One line-loc system with one activation source permitted on front wheels only."

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
This is correct.

P/X and P/N
"BRAKES: Four wheel brakes with dual master cylinder mounted above framerails required."

P/M
"BRAKES: Four wheel brakes with dual master cylinder mounted above framerails required. Application of brakes must be a function of the driver. Carbon fiber rotors and carbon fiber specific brake pads required on rear wheels. Steel brakes lines required and must be routed away from the flywheel and drivetrain area. One line-loc system with one activation source permitted on front wheels only."
That's pretty smart on their part and some good common sense. If you're running 1/8th on a 1/4 mile track there is no need for carbon brakes.

·
Registered
509 Posts
What are the major concerns as far as to be legal compared to NHRA Pro Mod . Do we have to have the NHRA legal 88mm turbos or can we have a regular Pro Mod 88mm? Also what about the carbon fiber brakes? What will the cost be to attend one of their races for the first time? Will I need the Lahie system or will they give me a one race grace?
Steve

May I suggest that you email Chris Bell from the ADRL with your questions. His email is: [email protected]. As you can see with the carbon brakes issue there are lots of "opinions". He can give you the correct answers.

Camp Stanley

·
Registered
525 Posts
All I can say is call ADRL or contact Chris for final say but unless they changed there mind they def asked and checked if my rear brakes are carbon. I will also second the carbon brakes working way better than steel once you try them you can never drive a steel brake car again.

·
Registered
361 Posts
So, If I bought a new car and was going to run ADRL with it and had an ADRL tag put on it and 6 months later I wanted to run NHRA, would NHRA not require me to have their license and chassis tag since I already bought the other one. NHRA would laugh at you. Who builds a PM style car these days and doesn't use carbon brakes? Everyone has been buying NHRA and IHRA chassis tags and license's for years. If you want to run TS or TD in both, you have to buy both. Why all the complaining?? Just don't understand.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
EXACTLY

People get confused, neither NHRA nor ADRL have chassis specs........SFI does.

NHRA says if you want to come play with us your car needs to meet SFI specs. We'll inspect it for you and see if it does, then put our sticker on it and you can play with us.

ADRL says the exact same thing.............yet they are evil for doing so.

:confused:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Where does it say you have to have carbon brakes I'm planning to run proxtreme at vmp and didn't see that in there rules, I know nhra required them.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Where does it say you have to have carbon brakes I'm planning to run proxtreme at vmp and didn't see that in there rules, I know nhra required them.
only the "legal" pro mod class has to run carbon brakes because they are following NHRA's rules for the "legal" class. crock of shit in my opinion..... P/X and P/N doesn't have to ....why make the "legal" class run them?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
EXACTLY

People get confused, neither NHRA nor ADRL have chassis specs........SFI does.

NHRA says if you want to come play with us your car needs to meet SFI specs. We'll inspect it for you and see if it does, then put our sticker on it and you can play with us.

ADRL says the exact same thing.............yet they are evil for doing so.

:confused:
How many times does it need to pass the same SFI specs?
If it has a sticker it should be good everywhere.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts