Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"HEADLIGHTS AND TAIL LIGHTS: Functional headlights and tail lights are required and must be in stock location. Brake lights must also be functional. If vehicle is equipped with factory recessed headlights, fog lights in bumper or grill are allowed."

if headlights are to functional, do they have to be on during a run, and if so and are not used, what is the penalty and should this have consequences?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's not a bad idea, but they haven't added it to the rules yet. still waiting to find out what the penalty is for breaking these rules

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I think working lights can add to the show in night racing, if its good for the fans it might be worth adding as a rule.

That said, I'm not sure they need to be full production power, DOT approved lights, some of the superbright LEDs can light up a car at much lower power requirements, but wouldn't be enough on a dark unlit road.

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
"HEADLIGHTS AND TAIL LIGHTS: Functional headlights and tail lights are required and must be in stock location. Brake lights must also be functional. If vehicle is equipped with factory recessed headlights, fog lights in bumper or grill are allowed."

if headlights are to functional, do they have to be on during a run, and if so and are not used, what is the penalty and should this have consequences?
Which classes require the functional headlights and tail lights? Functional tail lights (or at least one tail light) is an NHRA requirement.

·
hyperformanceracing.com
2,247 Posts
Which classes require the functional headlights and tail lights? Functional tail lights (or at least one tail light) is an NHRA requirement.
I think Extreme 10.5 rules said something like that

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
I think it comes down to how a sanctioning body wants to define "door slammers". You know, there was a time when "funny cars" were actually production cars. Little by little, the F/C's evolved into being dragsters with a one piece plastic body, a body that looks nothing like any production car I've ever seen. I wish more sanctioning bodies held the line a little more on sportsman "door cars". Personally, I think that requiring working head and tail lights sends a message to the racers that the ADRL is looking to keep their cars from looking like a funny car body with doors.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, with all this being said and it is in the rules for the 10.5 class. what should happen to a driver/crew chief if they do not run the lights as describe in said rules. should there be a fine or just DQ them from that event?

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
ok, with all this being said and it is in the rules for the 10.5 class. what should happen to a driver/crew chief if they do not run the lights as describe in said rules. should there be a fine or just DQ them from that event?
Are you talking about not having lights on the car when the rules say they are required or are you talking about not turning the lights *ON* during a pass?

If the class requires working headlights they should be checked in tech. No lights, no tech sticker.

If you expect lights on every pass then you should require the lights to be on the same switch as the ignition or the like. But I don't think per pass penalties are in order.

As far as the mandatory rear safety tail light required by NHRA/IHRA rule book, if someone pre-stages without an illuminated safety tail light the starter should by rights DQ them on the spot.

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Are you talking about not having lights on the car when the rules say they are required or are you talking about not turning the lights *ON* during a pass?

If the class requires working headlights they should be checked in tech. No lights, no tech sticker.

If you expect lights on every pass then you should require the lights to be on the same switch as the ignition or the like. But I don't think per pass penalties are in order.

As far as the mandatory rear safety tail light required by NHRA/IHRA rule book, if someone pre-stages without an illuminated safety tail light the starter should by rights DQ them on the spot.
Exactly!

·
Registered
557 Posts
it was discussed in the XTF drivers meeting. currently they do not have enough techs so they've been relying on honor system. starting next race there will be an individual tech person for each class and the rules must be adhered to. as far as the consequences i can't tell you that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts