Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
11,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks,

I'm at the ADRL Rockingham event promoting the Shakedown @ Etown race handing out flyers and asking teams to come to our race. i had cotton mouth from repeating the details over and over

its kinda weird being at a race and not having a car. that aside as a fan this event is PURE DOOR CAR HEAVEN. to see so many awesome door cars on the property, in the staging lanes and all over pits is just awesome. from extreme pro stock to pro extreme blown i was "blown" away. this is my first ADRL race and what a show it is. I don't know Kenny Knowling, haven't met him but hats off to this guy and his great staff for putting on a professional drag race where the atmosphere is all loose & fun. If you haven't attended an ADRL race yet please do so when you can...you won't regret it. i also have to admit we have copied/stolen or duplicated some of the idea's ADRL pioneered for our race. gotta give credit where it is due. I slept an extra hour this morning because todays action will def last from 12pm to 12am.

again, hats off to the ADRL and their entire staff on a great show!

p.s. for the record several extreme 10.5 guys inquired about coming to our shakedown event. in most cases these cars were tube chassis on 10.5 tires.... my hands were tied and my answer was always no because we have min weight and chassis rules and it would not be fair to existing 10.5 teams. i just remember walking away from these teams feeling very bad that a drag racer & team wanted to attend our race but could not...not a good feeling and what else could be done???

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
We have yet to attend an event ourselves however we have spoken to Kenny on several occasions and he is a great guy. The people we know that race there have nothing but good stuff to say about the series. We will be racing the new car at several of their events next year.

David, I hear ya on the 10.5 guys. It would be awesome to have a class for everybody but logistics and funding sometimes takes a shit on our desires. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts