Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bracket Racer
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would thier attendance still exceed NHRA's. I personally do not think so, but I was curious to see what everyone else here thought. By the way, I am both an ADRL, and NHRA fan, so I am in no way bashing ADRL.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I don't think it would be near what it is but therein lies the genius. The free tickets put so many asses in the seats that the parking and concessions bring in a fortune. NHRA should re-evaluate how they do business.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Would thier attendance still exceed NHRA's. I personally do not think so, but I was curious to see what everyone else here thought. By the way, I am both an ADRL, and NHRA fan, so I am in no way bashing ADRL.
couldn't tell that from your avatar :-damnit

·
Registered
502 Posts
The ADRL has a unique business model. They don't make near the money NHRA. As far as that goes they don't make the money that Rich Christianson does with the Pinks All out. But one thing for sure is the fans get their moneys worth.
I doubt they would have a 1/4 of the fans at races if the fans had to buy tickets. But as long as they can keep doing what they are doing I'll keep supporting them.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I think the face value on the tickets say 30.00.I would pay that any day before the 50 or 60 for the nhra.That is what we pay for NMRA and the old WFC race.You can send a self addressed stamped envelope to Connie at the ADRL office and she will send you tickets.You can get the address on ADRL's website...

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
I don't think they would get eh same attendance at the rediculous NHRA pricing levels. However, for the $20/$30 tickets they sell, I think it would be much closer.

I got my free ADRL tickets and in return I bought 2 shirts (ordinarily, I wouldn't get any - or maybe just one off clearance rack) and I tell people what a cool show it was. Plus when I wear the shirt, it's free advertising for them.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Went to the Brickyard 400 race in Indy this past weekend (have been going since its inception) and this is the first year that I've noticed as many 1st time race attendees. I don't think the ADRL is the only one giving away tickets to fill the seats..............

·
Registered
976 Posts
The tickets are not free. I was told that ADRL is paid money as a part of the sponsorship deal with the National Gaurd for every ticket that is collected at the gate. I would say they are making a bunch of money!

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
4000-5000 cars @ $10 a car parking .......... Do ya think they made any money???
Dont know about the other venues, but at Valdosta, Georgia, the parking was $10 to park in the weeds, way far away, and $20 to park on the asphalt not quite as far away.... The Asphalt was jammed up..

·
Registered
929 Posts
went to ADRL @ VMP and the place was jammed pack and i loved every minute of it except for the damn umbrellas that where in the stands. i paid $60 to park in side with my rv and ate my own food so we will call it a wash on making money. i am definitely going again next year and pay $200.00 to park in rv park on the other side of the track. the ADRL puts on a hell of a show. i also pay $450.00 for the NHRA national event parking in the rv lot.

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
The tickets are not free. I was told that ADRL is paid money as a part of the sponsorship deal with the National Gaurd for every ticket that is collected at the gate. I would say they are making a bunch of money!
Hardee's is footing the bill for the tickets,not the national guard.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I just attended the ADRL race at Topeka, and I had free tickets offered to me several times before the race. I didn't even see a cash box at the gate. They did require you to fill out your name, address, and email on the back of the ticket to enter...looks like I'm on another junk mail list...another "asset" for the ADRL.

I never payed to park at Heartland Park before, and I felt like "Oh, here's the catch" when I pulled in. The concession prices were higher than usuall as well. But it worked. The stands were full of families that otherwise couldn't afford to go.

From the racer's point of view, where else can you test on a professionally prepared track for free? NO entry fee, with a $10 charge for each crew credential (with an ADRL membership) is perhaps the best deal in racing.

As a small business owner, I admire their marketing genius. As a customer, I felt a bit deceived but not ripped off.

www.swartzracingmanifolds.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts