Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
Very impressive 馃憤馃徎 . I wish you were in NC , I'm gonna need some help with some shake down passes as soon as this craziness is over .This 4 link stuff is all new too me .
Thanks so much! Take some good video like in my YT video when you go out. Even if you have a friend stand to the side with a mobile phone and video it. Try to set your camera to 60 FPS but don't go below 720P. 1080P at 60FPS would be awesome. The footage in my video was 30 FPS so it will work. We can do the slomo and get a good view of the car.

Try to fill out this calculator as a start and this site has some good info: Instant Center Calculator for your drag car suspension Just remember each car is unique but the principles around IC, shock tuning, spring rates, etc.. are pretty consistent.

Keep us posted. Happy to try to help anyway I can.

Registered
51.5% of weight on rear at a tick over 2700 with driver...

inferno_camaro how does that compare to you?
Mine is 53.5% front 46.5 rear 2500lbs W/ driver. 1.13' 60' 5.11-5.15 @135 with steel block 615. I'm getting a 632 all aluminum engine build as we speak to get some weight off the front. Mine is conventional headed. What heads are on that engine if you know? Conventional or big chief style heads.
I've always thought mine should be in the 4's but I've been clear through it and that's all I can get out of it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Mine is 53.5% front 46.5 rear 2500lbs W/ driver. 1.13' 60' 5.11-5.15 @135 with steel block 615. I'm getting a 632 all aluminum engine build as we speak to get some weight off the front. Mine is conventional headed. What heads are on that engine if you know? Conventional or big chief style heads.
I've always thought mine should be in the 4's but I've been clear through it and that's all I can get out of it.
Your car is leaving strong with good wheel speed per that slomo video but sounds like the top end is being limited by the conventional heads. The nova in my video is is at a 1.140 60' at 5.05 and 139 mph with Brodix SR 20 heads. With an aluminum block 632 I am pretty sure it is going to haul the groceries for sure!!!

Are you running a stiff sidewall slick?

Registered
Your car is leaving strong with good wheel speed per that slomo video but sounds like the top end is being limited by the conventional heads. The nova in my video is is at a 1.140 60' at 5.05 and 139 mph with Brodix SR 20 heads. With an aluminum block 632 I am pretty sure it is going to haul the groceries for sure!!!

Are you running a stiff sidewall slick?
Yes it's a stiff wall. The ones in that video were getting pretty old. I have to hit the tire harder than I would like to get the weight transferring with the weight bias. Hoping after the change I can ease up on the tires a little. I was wanting to go SR 20 heads but I like methanol and couldn't find anyone that really liked the idea of SR 20 and methanol. New one has Sniper X heads. That tire was a MT 30771 32x16 I normally run the MT 3080 33x15 both stiff wall X8 compound.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Talked to Strange Engineering on Friday and they want us to send these rear shocks back to them and definitely do a revalving of them. Would love to test these again with more clicks first though so I will keep you guys posted.

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
I checked out a few of your videos ,very informative 馃憤馃徎
Thanks so much! I am always learning and so many people have helped me along the way. I want to pay back and pay it forward vs keeping secrets. I would love to see drag racing continue to thrive. Appreciate you taking the time to reply back!

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
Out of curiosity did you end up with any positive or negative pre load in the 4 link?
Thanks for question. The car I posted is a ladder bar setup, but good question.

Registered
That's a great working car. Dead hook is what you are looking for in a bracket car. You might gain a small amount with some wheel spin but that is usually not consistent. My car is no where near the Hp level that you have. My car will pick up with wheel spin but it is not a good race set up. I will set it up that way for heads up class races if needed but always set it back to race mode in eliminator rounds.. If I were you I would not stray far from how you have the car set up. I have seen a lot of videos of peoples cars on this website. Most don't work very well. Yours is looking very good.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts