Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Made some front and rear coilover adjustments and scaled this racer this past week to eliminate tire shake and the car ran it's best ET ever yesterday in testing!! Check out the FB video HERE to see the first hit off the trailer. More left in the 60' of this bracket car with no power adders for sure, but yesterday we made 1 change at a time with air pressure and front and rear coilover changes. Will be doing a part 2 video soon to add more drag racing suspension videos to the first part I did with this VIDEO. Once we take this car again, I will update with results. There is more left in the 60' for sure!!!

If it were you, what would you change next or would you leave it alone??

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any thoughts on how to get more wheel speed in this one at the hit so it doesn't dead hook? Also, going to see if I can get the nose down more to move it out more and less up... Any thoughts?

·
Registered
67,654 Posts
Need video

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Congrats man!! Always great when hard work pays off. Definitely making changes in the right direction. Can you tighten up the extension on the front any? Might help slow the front end a bit and avoid going up. Just a thought

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats man!! Always great when hard work pays off. Definitely making changes in the right direction. Can you tighten up the extension on the front any? Might help slow the front end a bit and avoid going up. Just a thought
I am thinking going a another click or 2 tighter on the front extension and may consider bringing the wheelie bars down a tad to help give it some wheel speed. Would like to it going forward more than up. Thanks!

Whats the drive train in that beast?
It is an aluminum BBC 601 on 1 dominator with powerglide.... the 1.140 60' was it's best to date, but I seriously think I can squeeze more out of it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is that tire being crushed too much or are you ok with the it?
Crushed way too much!!! Will be addressing that next time out. Wish I had this video the day they tested. Spot on!! I may also change the instant center location...

·
Registered
67,654 Posts
Looks like the rears could use some more air pressure. Can see a "skip" on the track. What were the tires set at for that last run?

It may be a combination of increased air pressure AND tightening up the extension rate of the rear shocks.

The next question is .... is the track you race at, always groomed so nice?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like the rears could use some more air pressure. Can see a "skip" on the track. What were the tires set at for that last run?
8.5 lbs of air with stiff sidewall slicks.. may go up a bit more...

It may be a combination of increased air pressure AND tightening up the extension rate of the rear shocks.

The next question is .... is the track you race at, always groomed so nice?
Definitely need to tighten rear extension and possibly lower wheelie bars to help get wheel speed. May even consider lowering the IC to slow down the separation. This car may be beyond the limits of these shocks, but we will find out when we can hit it again. Yes, South Carolina Motorplex is a great track and usually prepped real tight. Darlington is also top notch!

·
Registered
67,654 Posts
Agree --- increase the air press in .5lb increments. Tightening the extension will slow down the separation. If you feel your current shocks are not up to the task, have them re-valved or go with a higher-end shock. If it were mine I'd hold off changing the 4-link for now.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Next pass would be 10.5# in the slicks if it were my car. That will tell you which way to go right now. Next pass would be stiffen the extension on the rears. Probably 2 clicks. I would guess both would be improvements then take a stab at the 4-link

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Next pass would be 10.5# in the slicks if it were my car. That will tell you which way to go right now. Next pass would be stiffen the extension on the rears. Probably 2 clicks. I would guess both would be improvements then take a stab at the 4-link
More air for sure and I agree with more clicks of extension. Wish it were 4 link, but this one is a ladder bar car. Definitely got more 60' in this car!! Thanks for the reply as I am always learning and interested in others thoughts on tuning suspensions!

·
Registered
67,654 Posts
On tight tracks --- the extension action of the rear shocks should be tightened. You may find that the front shock extension may need to be loosened a bit from where you have it currently. The car will tell you what it likes.

LADDER BAR car ---- okay. More than ever --- a top shelf shock will be your friend since you are limited in chassis adjustments. Don't overlook having your existing shocks re-valved, if the car doesn't respond to shock changes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On tight tracks --- the extension action of the rear shocks should be tightened. You may find that the front shock extension may need to be loosened a bit from where you have it currently. The car will tell you what it likes.

LADDER BAR car ---- okay. More than ever --- a top shelf shock will be your friend since you are limited in chassis adjustments. Don't overlook having your existing shocks re-valved, if the car doesn't respond to shock changes.
Talking more with Strange Engineering about what shocks they recommend since we have some good info for them based on the current shock and behavior with current clicks on C & R. Re-valving is a something I have asked them about also so I will keep you guys posted for sure.

Love the feedback and discussion!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What is the front to rear weight bias on that car and what does it weigh?
51.5% of weight on rear at a tick over 2700 with driver...

inferno_camaro how does that compare to you?

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Very impressive 👍🏻 . I wish you were in NC , I'm gonna need some help with some shake down passes as soon as this craziness is over .This 4 link stuff is all new too me .

1 - 20 of 32 Posts