Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think would be most benificial for the rear of a 72 Chevelle?

The mods are in my sig, im unsure of the weight of the car.

Im running single adjustable QA1's up front with stock control arms. It also has double adjustable chromoly upper and lower trailing arms in the rear with 295/65/15 MT ET Street Drag radials.

Is it really worth it to spend double the money on the double adjustable rear shocks?

The car will be mainly a street car but I would like it to be able to thrown down at the track.

·
Registered
77 Posts
There is no doubt that a double adjustable shock is going to perform better then a single adjustable shock. I don't think many people will argue with you on that one...

However, a faster car will be able to take advantage of the double adjustable shocks more so then a slower car. We start seeing a significant difference between the single and double adjustable shocks once a car starts dipping into the 8's. Any slower, we have found we can make the car work very well with only a single adjustable.

Will a double work better on a slower car? Yes most likely. But you will not see as much of a difference in tunability and performance.

·
Registered
864 Posts
There is no doubt that a double adjustable shock is going to perform better then a single adjustable shock. I don't think many people will argue with you on that one...

However, a faster car will be able to take advantage of the double adjustable shocks more so then a slower car. We start seeing a significant difference between the single and double adjustable shocks once a car starts dipping into the 8's. Any slower, we have found we can make the car work very well with only a single adjustable.

Will a double work better on a slower car? Yes most likely. But you will not see as much of a difference in tunability and performance.

Well this throws everything off lol, so for a car only going to go mid to low 10's sa's would be plenty? If so that would save alot of us slower guys some money lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
It comes down to where is your money most justified? We would be more then happy to put someone with a 10 second car on a set of double adjustables if thats what they wanted. Its not like the double adjustable shock is going to hurt the performance of the car... But not everyone has the extra cash laying around to buy the all the higher dollar parts out there. Especially these days.

We just think in most cases, people may be better off putting a set of singles on the car and using the extra 200-300 dollars testing the car, making adjustments, moving weight around and tunning the car to take full advantage of everything thats already there.

-Chassis Engineering

1 - 6 of 6 Posts