Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
buy some 3/4" all thread from lowes and thru bolt it over top the rear and stack plates. You can do the same thing with the frame rails in the front. Kinda hard to see but its in front of the ice boxes

here it is in the front of the car, also kinda hard to see, its in the front on the passenger side. you can only see 2 tens. I have 3 fives stacked on the outsides of the frame rails.

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
I used old weight machine weights 10 lbs apeice for a total of 200 lbs to make weight for a class. Stacked them up on both sides and bolted them down inside over the rearend.

Alot cheaper than lead, if you can find an old weight machine nobody wants.

·
Chupa Cabra
9,824 Posts
buy some 3/4" all thread from lowes and thru bolt it over top the rear and stack plates. You can do the same thing with the frame rails in the front. Kinda hard to see but its in front of the ice boxes

here it is in the front of the car, also kinda hard to see, its in the front on the passenger side. you can only see 2 tens. I have 3 fives stacked on the outsides of the frame rails.

Is that an F1?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I used old weight machine weights 10 lbs apeice for a total of 200 lbs to make weight for a class. Stacked them up on both sides and bolted them down inside over the rearend.

Alot cheaper than lead, if you can find an old weight machine nobody wants.
This is what I am planning on doing next season. I'll probably mount a bar in the t-top well.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya I hear some guys using the old tire weights. I was as my local tire place yesterday and asked about that, and they said you cant get the good weights anymore, and most reuse the lead bead ones for snow rims, Or they know there worth scrap. So they don't give away a full bucket like that.

I filled up my gastank on the wat to the track today, and that added about 60-70 pounds. And I pulled some sweet wheelies on 275 DR. I didnt think I was gona ran as fast on them. I'm still gona be under weight for a class. I have there end of the rear frame rails I can bolt weight like that too. thanks.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
the "good weights" are fading out. all weights will be useless shortly unless you have a foundry to melt steel. some tree hugger proved that wheel weights sling off and get into the water system, killing the lower level feeders of the ecosystem.

the absolute best thing to find is an old cable machine with steel weights. they are square and have 3 holes. makes it very easy to mount them anywhere. the newer machines are sand filled plastic, but are twice the size of the steel. makes it hard to stack a lot in a small place.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I used to get the lead sheets for chimney flashing and roll it up. Fits really well in an NHRA legal weight box.

Don't get cheap on the fasteners or weight box. In the remote chance you may see an accident, any loose ballast becomes a projectile.

Better to be safe than sorry...

:cool:

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya I remember what you told me Ed. I'm thinking about mounting them under the car, to the end of the rear frame horn, were the bumper support would bolt to. ya no 3/8 bolts. probably 3/4 the holes there are big anyway. Or in the Ttop well. I have the stock tank so it under the top of the hatch and hard to bolt there.

Hawk you put more on the pass side to offset the driver? How to you set that? (I know I'll re set my TRZ rollbar at the target weight) But not sure if I should have it equal on the rear tires or XX more on the passenger?

Yesterday I filled up the tank on the way to the track, drove the few miles there. That worked good and I was impressed with the DR. With the tank full and me I dont have to add that much weight, So think Im just gona do that for the MIR all motor

1 - 18 of 18 Posts