Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 105,000 mile 2003 1500HD with a 6.0 LQ4. I would like to have more towing power 1800-4000 RPM. But not enough to kill my 4L80E. What would be a good kit?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Kurt Urdan put the boost to his SS. He may reply.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What turbo and what type boost control should I use? Do I need intercooler? Larger injectors?
I'm mainly interested in helping 50-75 mph range. I guess I would need the trans reprogrammed?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was wondering if something like the Rev9 72/68 might be an OK size.

(Tried to post earlier, but apparently reviewed/withheld because of posting a link.)

·
Registered
110 Posts
subscribing. Got an 05 lq4 3/4 ton myself. Would like to one day but a smaller borg on it. I agree with the 50-75 mph thing. Its fine from stops when hauling the car and normal driving. But would like a little more ass when I need to merge onto the highway or pass someone

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Planning on putting a Master Power GT45 76mm on my sons 01 1500hd 2wd. It had 250,000 miles on the 6.0 and a noisy lifter, so we freshen a 5.3 we had with 799 heads and LJMS Stage 2 truck cam. That turbo made 19# and went 138mph on his 3500# car. Spooled really quick. A S366 Borg would be pretty small on a 6.0, S475 96/1.32 would be a little laggy I think. One of the 87mm turbine Borg S400's would work well, as would anything based on a Garrett gt42-45.

·
348 Posts
Third Gen Racer,

I would recommend that you do an air to air intercooler and you will need to have the vehicle retuned for the added performance. We have recommended in the past a single 6766 with a T4 .96 A/R turbine housing for applications just like yours. If you would like a full spec I would recommend you call into the office and an associate could get you setup with virtually all the hard components you need (Wastegate, Intercooler, Turbocharger, Blow off valve, Injectors etc).

·
Registered
2,872 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Precision Turbo

I would love to update my truck with the best of equipment, but I looks like I would be spending 50% of my trucks value in parts alone.

Tony Laino

Thanks for the links. Guess I'm stuck in the middle of the spectrum. I have to have a truck I can get in and make that 1k mile trip without a concern. $200 turbo scares me. lol

What would be the best way to control the waste gate?

Seams I have to find a game plan, and see if it makes sense to do it.

Thanks Again

·
348 Posts
Precision Turbo

I would love to update my truck with the best of equipment, but I looks like I would be spending 50% of my trucks value in parts alone.
Third Gen Racer,

We completely understand, we do offer a lot of complimentary components if you do decide to go with our line of products. In your case it will more than likely be best to set your wastegate via spring pressure and forget about it.

Take a look at page 7 on this manual and it will show you how to set it up in a mechanical sense.

http://www.precisionturbo.net/tech/instruction-manuals/PTE-PW66-Wastegate-Instructions.pdf

I would recommend either twin 46mm wastegates for complete control (one wastegate per bank) or a single 66mm prior to the turbocharger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts