Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any 1” spacers available to adapt a 4150 carb to 4500 manifold?
Or vice versa?
I saw one in Austrailia available.
Anyone make one here in the USA?
I know shipping time might take quite a while across the pond.
Thank you
Chris

·
Registered
1,278 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. I saw the Austrailian made.
And the other is 1.5”
Was hoping for a local made 1”. I’m dealing with Super tight quarters under hood. Have to recheck.
Thank you very much guys.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
The problem with the shorter adapters, is that when leaving such a short distance for the size transition, you can easily lose anything you may gain with the increase of available flow above. The higher the rpm (increased mass flow), the more of a loss you may see.

Reactions: crazees#2

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The problem with the shorter adapters, is that when leaving such a short distance for the size transition, you can easily lose anything you may gain with the increase of available flow above. The higher the rpm (increased mass flow), the more of a loss you may see.
Thank you sir. Looking to slow car down for now. I and trying to run 10.0 index. have my 4150 carb still. Looking at options when it cools off a few degrees.
Thank you everyone. I enjoy learning here from everyone’s experience.

·
Butch
8,207 Posts
Gary Williams has a nice 2” cnc one with a divider plate, a 2” blade fits it perfect

·
Registered
448 Posts
Look on DamBest website. I was looking on there this morning. You have to go to his online store to find them.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thinking of other ways to slow car down.
Are there any 4500 series throttle stops?
Not electric or air. A mechanical stop like moroso makes for 4150.

·
Registered
448 Posts
In the old days of super class racing some guys would use an adjustable pedal stop on the floor.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you very much everyone with the suggestions and look forward to Mark sending the ez plate system soon.
Chris

1 - 20 of 23 Posts