Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a little google searching, found that oil temp should be about the same as coolant temp. Mine is a bit higher, 240-250. Is that a number to be concerned about? Sensor is in an oil galley plug just above the oil filter in an LS3 block.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I like above 180 and below 250, normally you can stay in these limits easy with street/strip cars. If you are road racing the oil cooler must be sized larger as hp increases, but you can stay 200-220 with the right cooler.

Kurt

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
i am running a sterab cooler and my turbo LS engine is right @ 212 on a 85 degree day, doesn't get much hotter then that here if it does i am on the boat

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I saw as high as 210 on drag week with mine. I use a allstar performance deck cooler with -10 fittings.

Tim

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no cooler... had a header tube get closer to the oil filter than I would like, so I put an oil temp sender in just above the filter to see what the outgoing temp is. I also dinged the tube to make more clearance and made a heat shield. Sounds like I should consider a cooler.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Def not going to hurt. I could control the heat with how much load I put on the engine. below 3200 it would stay at 200 3400 would go 210

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts