Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just about finished converting from carb to FI, converted carb intake with a wilson elbow and a wilson/IS plate kit. Question is can i just set the DFI to remove timing and not make any fuel changes? ive been through all of there instructions but it only goes through using a dry kit and adding fuel,TPS settings and RPM, Any help is very appreciated.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know everyone is using FAST now, but somebodys gotta know something. Heading to the dyno is the next few days and would like to give it a little spray. Also Im running an edlebrock progressive.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,433 Posts
What DFI are you using? Old Gen 6 or newer Gen 7?

You can let the ECM add fuel, or not, but I would strongly suggest letting it do the fuel.

You can let the ECM remove timing, or not, up to you, but again, I would let the ECM do it.

I have used Dry Nitrous Control on the old Gen 6 stuff, never used it on the Gen 7, but I know they added a lot more features with that version.

You need to set the ECM for the RPM and TPS level to trigger at, and any delay that you want before it gets activated.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whoops brain dead i guess, its a gen 7, i would rather just let ecm do timing. Kit is set up as a wet kit now and would rather keep it that way, my big thing is im running a progressive. so is there a way to trigger the the ecm other than rpm/tps, lets say when progressive is activated?

Thanks for any help,
John

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,433 Posts
Does the progressive controller have a +12 volt output that gets activated when the system turns on? If not, use a simple Bosch style relay that will come on with the nitrous solenoids and have that feed a +12 volt signal back to the ECM to let it know that it should be retarding timing.

I just wouldn't hook the ECM +12 volt trigger wire to the nitrous solenoids because when they are toggling on and off they make a TON of back EMF and may kill the ECM input.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i beleive there is no NOS inputs, only outputs. So as long as i can get away with no fuel changes, set the tps for 95 percent and rpm at 100 or so rpm over rpm on the brake I think it will work ? ECM will trigger progressive, progressive controls noids so no relay needed between ECM and controller. OK this sounds to easy, Im guessing it wont work. Cars staged, progressive is on, DFI NOS function on, pedal on floor so TPS is at 100% trans brake released RPM goes up, DFI activates progressive and off we go.??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts