Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many watts does the average small ac window unit use. I have a 700 watt continues- 1800 peak invertor 12volt to 110 and Im trying to figure out if it will run it.

·
Registered
12,147 Posts
there should be something on the unit telling you it's input and output.

·
Registered
12,147 Posts
about 6000 BTU's is all you are going to be able to run on 700 Watts. Carrier makes an inexpensive "Window Shaker" that runs on 115V AC and 600 watts. Good for about a 200/250 Sq ft room.

KCA061P

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sweet then sounds like the average window unit one will work, Im installing it in my Ford Van for the long ride to Orlando so it should be plenty to cool it down inside.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I just put an 18000btu unit in my garage and it draws like 1800 watts and 8 amps. The 14000 BTU unit was like 1380watts and 7 amps. So probably only one of the smallest units.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Ive got a window tray from A&W that you can use to support this AC unit!

LMFAO....

Is this the same brain power that goes into the worlds fastest 2nd gen hemi truck?

LOL

Real racers? Surely, you dont consider yourself a real racer!

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive got a window tray from A&W that you can use to support this AC unit!

LMFAO....

Id like to see that little inverter delver 30 amps to that AC unit on startup.
sorry only excepting comments from racers with race cars

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
More than likely, if the inverter has overload/reset it will trip the overlod on start-up (when compessor hits) and it won't even let it run.
After screwing his friends out of gas money for towing him and his truck to orlando last year i guess they all said no to him this year.

Now hes stuck with the genius idea of putting an AC unit in a ford econoline van. :smt043

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just got back from ABC ware house bought the cheapest one they had pluged it into the dervertor and bam cold air. I turned it off and on several times so far the only thing it does is blow cold air. Now I gotta get the sazaw out for some custom fitting.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
lmfao....

This thread needs pics.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts