Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, thats what I figured... was just curious if with the jetting so close together if it might change the hp rating some. Probably just getting the tune where it should be. Guess the power rating really comes from the nitrous jet & tune with the fuel.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Yea, thats what I figured... was just curious if with the jetting so close together if it might change the hp rating some. Probably just getting the tune where it should be. Guess the power rating really comes from the nitrous jet & tune with the fuel.
no power comes from fuel. all nitrous does is let you burn more of it.

·
Super Moderator
12,192 Posts
Fuel is what makes HP !!!! The nitrous just give the ability to burn a lot more of it. There may be several ways to view this but the way I see it is a fuel jet or jets, will move "X" amount of fuel. "X" amount of fuel will make "X" HP. Then add the proper amount of nitrous to burn the fuel effieciently and you get "X" HP.... ;) SJ

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Fuel is what makes HP !!!! The nitrous just give the ability to burn a lot more of it. There may be several ways to view this but the way I see it is a fuel jet or jets, will move "X" amount of fuel. "X" amount of fuel will make "X" HP. Then add the proper amount of nitrous to burn the fuel effieciently and you get "X" HP.... ;) SJ
thats what i said just didnt spell it out.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys..... Going to step it up a little next time out if the track here in TX can take it.... Track temp was 148 deg sat night & managed a new best mph but had problems out of the hole. Plugs had a "couple specs of aluminum on them so will def add some fuel first pass (or some timing).. still on debate on which one. Its 1/8 mile so I have more room for error than trying to run it out the back door of the 1/4. So far best mph is 115.28 with a VERY ttraction limited 30 thru 40 ft. Hooked up great off the initial hit but spun while up on the tire. Hoping for better track conditions next time out!!

Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys..... Going to step it up a little next time out if the track here in TX can take it.... Track temp was 148 deg sat night & managed a new best mph but had problems out of the hole. Plugs had a "couple specs of aluminum on them so will def add some fuel first pass (or some timing).. still on debate on which one. Its 1/8 mile so I have more room for error than trying to run it out the back door of the 1/4. So far best mph is 115.28 with a VERY ttraction limited 30 thru 40 ft. Hooked up great off the initial hit but spun while up on the tire. Hoping for better track conditions next time out!!

Thanks for the responses.
I meant take out a degree or 2 of timing.. (not add some)... oops.
Tuneup is almost perfect, just a couple silver specs on a few plugs... Would have probably been worse had it been a 1/4 mile.

Thanks again for the responses!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I think I met you at redline one night. You are getting close but that tune up is still rich. How much total timing are you running on the nitrous and what fuel? Also how cold is your plug?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I met you at redline one night. You are getting close but that tune up is still rich. How much total timing are you running on the nitrous and what fuel? Also how cold is your plug?
That was probably me. Was it you I talked to about running the jets squared?

Total is 38 locked out, pulling 9 with the digital retard box so 29 on the nitrous. NGK-9's with TT118 fuel. I'm thinking I still have too much timing, going to pull 2 more out next time or change the total on motor to 36 (Car only gets run on nitrous so shouldnt be a big deal to take a little out of the motor).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts