Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bracket racer
13,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems in both motorsports, a huge selection of fans are just there for the "freak show." By freak show, I mean fuel cars, half track wheelstands, and wrecks in drag racing.....and wrecks, engine/tire failures,etc. in NASCAR. Neither group would know GOOD RACING if it reached out and slapped them in the face. As someone that appreciates good racing (regardless of sanctioning body), it's very frustrating to try and sell someone new on the sport(s), and they've got this blinded agenda that it's all just going in a straight line or in circles for X amount of time. It's no wonder racing in general has a hard time getting new fans or even new participants....lots of figureheads spreading their "wisdom" when quite frankly they don't know what the fuck they're talking about!

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
^^^NICE!!

·
Aviation Section
25,486 Posts
I only go to really watch Stock and Super Stock with Comp. Eliminator, wish that these made the T.V. Broadcast but we are lucky if we can even see final round coverage with all the empahsis on the fucking alcohol classes when they show Sportsman.

That is one of NHRA's problems, how can anyone relate to the Alcohol cars!, there is not a part on there that is on your passenger car and they sure don't look like what we drive. Bring back the old days of race on Sunday-sell on Monday and that will put asses in the seats! Dave

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
That is one of NHRA's problems, how can anyone relate to the Alcohol cars!, there is not a part on there that is on your passenger car and they sure don't look like what we drive. Bring back the old days of race on Sunday-sell on Monday and that will put asses in the seats! Dave
The nitro cars have zero in common with passenger cars and they fill the seats more than any other class.

·
Aviation Section
25,486 Posts
The nitro cars have zero in common with passenger cars and they fill the seats more than any other class.

I walk away when the nitro classes come up to get a refreshment and when they went to 1000' when Scott died I have not been back either in person at a National Event or on T.V., I can go to the points meets and get all the fun I want for Stock and Super Stock. Dave

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
I walk away when the nitro classes come up to get a refreshment and when they went to 1000' when Scott died I have not been back either in person at a National Event or on T.V., I can go to the points meets and get all the fun I want for Stock and Super Stock. Dave

I found that the quickest way to not be in a line waiting for shit overpriced food was to go then too.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Is it bc you emotionaly damaged from scotts wreck? I saw,it in person n it was a tradgidy.......but does the missing 320 feet really make the fuel cars un appeeling to you? I dont understand you reasoning.

·
This amp goes to 11.
12,064 Posts
It seems in both motorsports, a huge selection of fans are just there for the "freak show." By freak show, I mean fuel cars, half track wheelstands, and wrecks in drag racing.....and wrecks, engine/tire failures,etc. in NASCAR. Neither group would know GOOD RACING if it reached out and slapped them in the face. As someone that appreciates good racing (regardless of sanctioning body), it's very frustrating to try and sell someone new on the sport(s), and they've got this blinded agenda that it's all just going in a straight line or in circles for X amount of time. It's no wonder racing in general has a hard time getting new fans or even new participants....lots of figureheads spreading their "wisdom" when quite frankly they don't know what the fuck they're talking about!
All very true..., but doesn't your 90%/10% rule apply to every sport, in the sense of casual fans & good weather fans vs. hardcore fans? It's just that we're closer to racing so that's what we see most.

I like hockey & go to our local team's games, but have never played it and am certainly no expert. To someone like BACARTY, who has played for years, I would be no more than a casual fan at best, and if I opened up my mouth about the game, would come off as a complete hack. I don't go "for the fighting", like some people I see- I appreciate good passing as an art form- but that's the only difference, maybe.

Drag racing is fucking confusing (IMHO) compared to NASCAR, in terms of the specific rules & number of classes. Combine that with the fact that most football, baseball, etc. fans are exposed to those sports at a young age...but don't really get interested in "cars" as such until they are 16...and to me it's amazing that drag racing has even as many fans as it does. (shrugs)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts