Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone remembers ABBA, the Swedish pop group that was big in the '70's. They broke up in 1982. I hadn't thought about them in a long time and this morning there was a little article in the paper about the fact that they are still selling about 3-million albums a year. 3-MILLION ALBUMS A YEAR. They hadn't recorded a record in over 25 years and still, 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, 365 days a year, they sell 16,484 albums. That just blows my mind.

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
They had that musical Mamma Mia. Not new music but I'm guessing that helped them alot. It was a huge success commerically.

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
I would love to be a Hasbin and still collect good $$$ doing nothing........ I have a friend that Produced "Dancing on Air" and "Dance Party USA" in the 80's and the poor sap is trying to get back "on top" ...... he doesn't need the $$$ just misses the lime light ....... sad

·
Registered
471 Posts
Everyone remembers ABBA, the Swedish pop group that was big in the '70's. They broke up in 1982. I hadn't thought about them in a long time and this morning there was a little article in the paper about the fact that they are still selling about 3-million albums a year. 3-MILLION ALBUMS A YEAR. They hadn't recorded a record in over 25 years and still, 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, 365 days a year, they sell 16,484 albums. That just blows my mind.
George, I used to date the daughter of Jack D. Hunter, author of the novel The Blue Max. They made a movie based on his novel and it was released, I think around 1966. The last I spoke with him a few years ago he still was receiving money from way back then, not like ABBA but it's amazing how long things can go on.

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That explains alot right there.

ABBA's music was nice for awhile but after a few minutes I would get a headache. A Dead concert, on the other hand, was a different story. I had heard, though I didn't know this personally, that drugs were part of the show. OK, maybe a little blotter acid every now and then, I can't remember.

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
I agree - I bet Mamma Mia helped a bunch. ABBA had a small surge back in the 90s when Ace of Base came out.

the Estate does....... he doesn't need cash where he's at
Palm Springs?? :confused:

·
First Ten Original Member
1,426 Posts
Hey Ken, do you know where Pickle Road is in Akron?
Let me think for a minute........Home of Art Arfons and sons, same road were I went to junior high school.

Dude, I got my ass beat once for leaving school one day to walk down to his shop because I heard an engine running. lol

Yeah, it's about 5 minutes from the house.

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yup, Art and Walts place, next door to each other. Two crazy brothers, and for over 40 years, they never talked to each other not even to say "hello". When I went there and talked to Art, he would ask, "did you talk to my brother, what's he up to?", and when I went next door to talk to Walter, he would ask, "what's Art been building over there?" On the Salt Flats, neither of those two would ever be around each other. Two great guys but total nut cases.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts